Singapore Expats Forum

What best to do when alone to meet people?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bunbunny

What best to do when alone to meet people?

Postby bunbunny » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:25 am

Hi all.

I'm from US and in Singapore for the next couple of weeks and may be offered a job here soon.

I like Singapore very much but am a little surprised how much time I am alone. I think maybe I'm comparing to to other Asian Countries I have been in, particularly Thailand where you can go to normal bars as opposed to dodgy ones, wirte your name on a board and then play pool with the winner of the previous match.

It's one way of easily meeting people like but I don't think the same really exists in Singapore unless I'm wrong.

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks guys and gals. :(

Peruvia

Re: What best to do when alone to meet people?

Postby Peruvia » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:41 am

bunbunny wrote:particularly Thailand where you can go to normal bars as opposed to dodgy ones, wirte your name on a board and then play pool with the winner of the previous match.

It's one way of easily meeting people like but I don't think the same really exists in Singapore unless I'm wrong.

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks guys and gals. :(

Hey we do this here too! Commonly found in smaller pubs with pool tables.

Aww why spend time alone when you can meet up with the peeps here?

I'm a local, rather new to this forum too. If you'd like we can pull together a chillout session over some beer/ cocktails if anyone else is keen =)

Ram08
Regular
Regular

Join us

Postby Ram08 » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:54 pm

We have a fairly large group that plays pool on saturday evenings and then heads out to drink till late night - feel free to join in

here's the post:
ftopic55115-30.html

Ram
Widening my social circle

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 1:13 pm

There is the Friday Night and Wednesday night drinking clubs that arrange events on the forum. Just keep an eye on the Events, Entertainment etc group for events that might interest you.
Enjoy your stay.
Kim