Singapore Expats

foreign lover to have permanent resident in singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
spongebong

foreign lover to have permanent resident in singapore

Post by spongebong » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 1:47 pm

hi i am enquiring about the full lists possibility of visas for a foreign person to live in singapore. i am a male, 25, singapore citizen who has a female lover, 22, i've known for a very long time living in states. so far i know of work permits and im considering a marriage visa aswell to add up. my appreciation to anyone who could list down all the catogaries of visas to attain permanent residence and a detailed procedure for each of them to follow through. much thanks in advance! :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: foreign lover to have permanent resident in singapore

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 2:14 pm

spongebong wrote:hi i am enquiring about the full lists possibility of visas for a foreign person to live in singapore. i am a male, 25, singapore citizen who has a female lover, 22, i've known for a very long time living in states. so far i know of work permits and im considering a marriage visa aswell to add up. my appreciation to anyone who could list down all the catogaries of visas to attain permanent residence and a detailed procedure for each of them to follow through. much thanks in advance! :D
Do a search of this forum using the Search function just below the "Profile" link. If that doesn't supply you with sufficient information then go here:

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=151&secid=150

and here:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal ... asses.html

If you tell the officer that she's your lover you can kiss her good-bye. Try 'de facto' or 'common-law' spouse. But only if you are already 'keeping house'. You should be able to document that fact as well if necessary.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

spongebong

Post by spongebong » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 2:19 pm

woah thank you soo much man really awesome cheers~

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 6:10 pm

lover sounds so illicit :) :D .

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 8:02 pm

durain wrote:lover sounds so illicit :) :D .
Being a lover may not be good enough for ICA to grant anything unless a short term lover pass is going to be introduced soon.