Singapore Expats Forum

Six Nations 2010

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Thu, 04 Feb 2010 1:30 pm

thefurz wrote:Heineken Cup games are shown on Eurosport. Usually 4/5 games over a weekend during the pool stages.

Last year's 6N was on Australia channel and I think some on Star Sports (?). My starhub won't let me look at Saturday's schedules yet but the on-line schedules don't seem to show the matches...as yet.

Hi,
Starhub cancelled some of the sports channels as pay tv if I am not wrong, I rang a lot of pubs they are not playing the channels and only playing football.

So if u want to go and watch feel free to go to obama's pub following the link above.

thefurz

Postby thefurz » Thu, 04 Feb 2010 3:04 pm

Iresgmur wrote:
thefurz wrote:Heineken Cup games are shown on Eurosport. Usually 4/5 games over a weekend during the pool stages.

Last year's 6N was on Australia channel and I think some on Star Sports (?). My starhub won't let me look at Saturday's schedules yet but the on-line schedules don't seem to show the matches...as yet.

Hi,
Starhub cancelled some of the sports channels as pay tv if I am not wrong, I rang a lot of pubs they are not playing the channels and only playing football.

So if u want to go and watch feel free to go to obama's pub following the link above.

Thanks.
I think it should be a comfortable Welsh victory but would still like to watch it live....... :wink:

love2travel

Postby love2travel » Thu, 04 Feb 2010 3:39 pm

Course it will be! (we hope!)

Come down to Obama's and you can see!

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Postby Barnsley » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:00 am

So is Obamas the palce for the England v Wales game then?

It looks like I could be the only "England" supporter so it should be a laugh if nothing else.

love2travel

Postby love2travel » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:04 am

There's a couple of English coming so don't worry...you won't be alone drowning your sorrows :)

See you there!

justybremner

Postby justybremner » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:21 am

Just to let you all know i have just found out that the Rugby will be shown on Channel 22 England v Wales at 1.05am (Live) Sun 7th Feb, 12.00pm Ireland v Italy and at 23.00 Scotland v France (Live)

love2travel

Postby love2travel » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:27 am

Yeah Starhub have now decided to show it - so there should be lots of places showing it now!

I still reckon we stick to Obama's to save confusion!!

Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 12:49 pm

oh that is great but we will stick to Obama first then we go other places next time if the atmosphere is not good there.

justybremmer, Ireland match show be the first to show then after will be the wales match.

kiwi_kaybel

Postby kiwi_kaybel » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 4:01 pm

Anyone mind a New Zealander who secretly supports Wales joining in? I've just moved from Wales, and am looking to find ppl to watch the games with.

Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 5:17 pm

pls feel free to join us kiwi_kaybel.

We are meeting up at the Obama's pub around 9.30-9.45pm so just follow the thread u see the link.

Hope to see you there.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Postby Barnsley » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 6:39 pm

Iresgmur wrote:pls feel free to join us kiwi_kaybel.

We are meeting up at the Obama's pub around 9.30-9.45pm so just follow the thread u see the link.

Hope to see you there.

I have a fancy dress party to attend first so I will join everyone before the game all being well :)

Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Fri, 05 Feb 2010 7:15 pm

just being curious what u dressing up as barnsley? then if you come over we will know its u straight away :) Hee!

Anna J

Postby Anna J » Sun, 07 Feb 2010 12:58 am

Hello,

Damn I missed this thread .... sat at home at 1 o'clock trying to subscribe. If anyone is watching any of the other welsh games I'd love to join you xxxx

Anna (Welshgirl who LOVES rugby)

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Postby Barnsley » Mon, 08 Feb 2010 4:22 pm

Iresgmur wrote:just being curious what u dressing up as barnsley? then if you come over we will know its u straight away :) Hee!

Sorry about the no show , party lasted longer than expected and I didnt get to see any of the game at all!!!

I will make the next round of fixtures all being well!!

love2travel

Postby love2travel » Wed, 10 Feb 2010 5:22 pm

Hey!

Also sorry I didn't meet as many of you as I hoped - was there but it was rammed and too many beers so only met a few people!

Will keep you posted as to where we're going next week.

Claire