Singapore Expats Forum

Six Nations 2010

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
love2travel

Six Nations 2010

Postby love2travel » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:53 am

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows where we can watch the Six Nations games?

The first one I desperately want to watch is Wales v England on 6th Feb at 1am Singapore time!

If anyone knows of where to watch it please let me know...

Also, if you want to come along and have a few drinks just PM me or email clairehardiman@hotmail.co.uk - I'm here with my boyfriend, we're 26 and 27 both from Wales, UK, been here about a month so always keen to meet new people...even more so if you like rugby :)

Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 1:23 pm

Love rugby, already emailed you so hopefully able to meet up soon. cheers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Six Nations 2010

Postby Barnsley » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 6:00 pm

It should be on in any of the Irish Bars or Aussis bars ..... Assuming it doesnt clash with a football match of course.

I think its either Screensport (SAfrica Channel) or Australia Network that shows the games here.

Not really a Rugby fan, but I lived in Bridgend for years and I do like to watch the Six Nations especially the Wales England game as it was always fun when England beat them :D

love2travel wrote:Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows where we can watch the Six Nations games?

The first one I desperately want to watch is Wales v England on 6th Feb at 1am Singapore time!

If anyone knows of where to watch it please let me know...

Also, if you want to come along and have a few drinks just PM me or email clairehardiman@hotmail.co.uk - I'm here with my boyfriend, we're 26 and 27 both from Wales, UK, been here about a month so always keen to meet new people...even more so if you like rugby :)

love2travel

Postby love2travel » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 7:58 pm

thanks...I guess we`ll just have to do some ringing around this weekend to see who`s showing it!!

If anyone else fancies joining please let me know and we can get a group together..

Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 8:00 pm

I have asked Muddy murphy about the showing of six nations so far have no reply yet will let you know once i got reply

love2travel

Postby love2travel » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 8:44 pm

My boyfriend has just been ringing round a few places, apparently the TV rights haven`t been released yet so we have to call back next week...the channels that have shown it in the past have decided not to show it this year!

We will keep you posted....if anyone hears of anything, please let us know!

Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Grumpy77 » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 9:00 pm

The bar right next to the Clarke Quay bungie ride used to show lots of Rugby. I'm not sure if it still does but it is worth a try, unfortunately I don't know the name of it so you'll need to do a flyby to check...

Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 9:30 pm

I know that Obama's pub they do have rugby that is the last time me & hub went and watch they somehow have access to Sky cable so I might asked them about the matches let you know soon.

Did you try to ring Obama's pub yet?

EddieH

Postby EddieH » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:19 pm

Hi

I only arrive after the first 3 rounds (at the beginning of March) but my main priority when I get there is finding a rugby pub to watch the final two rounds (and hopefully some people to watch the games with!)

If you manage to get a good location and a group going it'd be great if you could keep me in the loop. Perhaps the thread can be kept going?

Also, does anyone know how easy it is to find somewhere to watch Heineken Cup matches?

Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:27 pm

Sometimes the Dubliner pub will show the Heineken cup matches if you know the time and doesn't really clash with big FA matches. But of coz if its big Heineken clashes like between leinster/munster they might have it in other pubs.

Keep track of this thread and will let you know where we heading for the matches.

p.s. Hope Ireland will retain the Grand Slam cup but I think is going to be tough

love2travel

Postby love2travel » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 4:13 pm

Phil has been on the case about the Heineken Cup matches as well....he's having some serious rugby withdrawals!!

As Grumpy77 said the Bungy Bar has a lot of rugby, think it's the club house for a Rugby Team?? I've emailed them anyway and will do some more calling after work!

Eddie - I'll keep you updated, drop me an email if you like - easier to keep in touch! clairehardiman@hotmail.co.uk

Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 4:38 pm

I have contacted the Obama's pub and they said will announce which match will be on the next few days for showing.

So where do you think we should go or just ask every pub first then talk abt it?

love2travel

Postby love2travel » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 4:54 pm

I think we need to know for definate where will be showing it before we decide - don't want to wandering round from pub to pub and risk missing it!

We have a week so will keep calling and keep you posted - let me know if you hear of anywhere else!

Iresgmur

Postby Iresgmur » Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:25 am

Hi so far any news yet?

EddieH

Postby EddieH » Tue, 02 Feb 2010 6:02 am

love2travel wrote:Phil has been on the case about the Heineken Cup matches as well....he's having some serious rugby withdrawals!!

As Grumpy77 said the Bungy Bar has a lot of rugby, think it's the club house for a Rugby Team?? I've emailed them anyway and will do some more calling after work!

Eddie - I'll keep you updated, drop me an email if you like - easier to keep in touch! clairehardiman@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks Claire, I'll drop you an email when I arrive and see what the story is. Mine is kconnaughton@hotmail.com. Hopefully Wales and Ireland will still be playing for a Grand Slam when they meet!

Regards
Keith
(Eddie is just my moniker!)