Singapore Expats Forum

should or should'nt to be PR

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
realname
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 27 Jan 2010

should or should'nt to be PR

Postby realname » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:53 am

HI,
Every one over there.
staying in singapore for past one and half year.
applied for PR for whole family myself wife and 11 year old son studying in local school.
we are invited to become pr and do the necessary in two months.
but now we changed the mind and now we dont want the PR status for our son.same reason NS.
kindly suggest the solution.
thanks to all.

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:02 am

You will probably find that if you don't take up PR now your cards will have been marked by the ICA/MOM as they will now exactly why you now don't want to take up PR and they don't like timewasters like yourself. Good luck when you need to renew your EP as it will probably be turned down.

As for your son's NS liability, it's plastered all over the PR application notes and on the ICA website. There's no way you shouldn't have know about NS.

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 2:10 pm

Saint wrote:You will probably find that if you don't take up PR now your cards will have been marked by the ICA/MOM as they will now exactly why you now don't want to take up PR and they don't like timewasters like yourself. Good luck when you need to renew your EP as it will probably be turned down.

The government gets vindictive if you get PR and try to renounce it, but in the OP's case, he apparently never received PR in the first place? So it should not be a problem at all to stay here on EPs.

As for your son's NS liability, it's plastered all over the PR application notes and on the ICA website. There's no way you shouldn't have know about NS.

Fully agree on this though.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 2:14 pm

jpatokal wrote:
Saint wrote:You will probably find that if you don't take up PR now your cards will have been marked by the ICA/MOM as they will now exactly why you now don't want to take up PR and they don't like timewasters like yourself. Good luck when you need to renew your EP as it will probably be turned down.

The government gets vindictive if you get PR and try to renounce it, but in the OP's case, he apparently never received PR in the first place? So it should not be a problem at all to stay here on EPs.



realname wrote:HI,
Every one over there.
staying in singapore for past one and half year.
applied for PR for whole family myself wife and 11 year old son studying in local school.
we are invited to become pr and do the necessary in two months.
but now we changed the mind and now we dont want the PR status for our son.same reason NS.
kindly suggest the solution.
thanks to all.


The bit bold means the PR has been approved and has to complete the formalities within 2 month at the ICA

realname
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 27 Jan 2010

should or should'nt to be PR

Postby realname » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:28 am

HI,
THNKS FOR YOUR VIEWS.
Its not that ve did'nt knew regarding NS.
But ve planned to apply pr for our son to get admission in ACS so that he can easily get admission in ACS INDEPENDENT.
Now it seems no chance to enter ACS.HE is already in p5.
so ve dropped the idea of taking pr for our son.
To get student pass is difficulty task for university student???? :? :? :?

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:42 am

So . . . you wanted to have all the benefits but none of the obligations, and still do?

I wonder where you hail from? :wink:
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:27 am

Vaucluse wrote:I wonder where you hail from? :wink:


[-X but yeah, probably. :-|

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:I wonder where you hail from? :wink:


[-X but yeah, probably. :-|


Damn Canadians . . .
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
xtasy010
Regular
Regular
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2007

Postby xtasy010 » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 5:01 pm

should'nt to be? did'nt knew?

WTF!!!

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby therat » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 5:08 pm

how about use coin to decide

Head or tail

Since you treat PR like a membership for your son to study @ ACS.

whether is a PR or not, it does not matter to you.

As for your son student pass for university.
That's will be donkey yr later, by then will you still in Singapore?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35159
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Jan 2010 5:54 pm

xtasy010 wrote:should'nt to be? did'nt knew?

WTF!!!


Didn't you know, they've relaxed the criteria for PR!?! :roll:

realname
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 27 Jan 2010

should or should'nt to be PR

Postby realname » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:40 am

From were ever i belongs does'nt matter.its human nature to see maximum comfort in mimmum expenditure
its the matter of our sons future so coin does'nt work
i thought this forum was meant to help someone needy but anyway....
thks

merichan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu, 14 May 2009

Postby merichan » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:54 am

You had all the answers you needed...

You did the paperwork for being a PR...

Backing out of it now for your son will be, and with reasons, very badly seen and you might have problem even keeping a simple student pass for him.

After that it's your choice... if you and especially your son want a future here... you take the "good" and the "bad"

NS comes as part of the package...

Try to find a way out of it now... you better be sure that your son will never ever want to work here in Singapore because he will never be able to

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Re: should or should'nt to be PR

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:02 pm

realname wrote:From were ever i belongs does'nt matter.

Well, but it is a good indication of your standards, or double standards

its human nature to see maximum comfort in mimmum expenditure

Umm, nope . . . it may be yours. Other-wise it is called taking the good with the bad and a bit of hard graft.

Contributing to society? Ring a bell? Have you done any charity work recently?


its the matter of our sons future so coin does'nt work

Seeing as you view it as being soooooooo important I'm surprised you find yourself in the spot you are in . . .

i thought this forum was meant to help someone needy but anyway....

It is and you have been . . . not good enough? What did you want to hear?

thks
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:46 pm

Real Name

I can understand your predicament and no one is head bashing you in this forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Having said that you already knew what you are going into once you choose this path. Hence asking opinion or advise here will get you the same answer.
This is typical "kiasuism" mentality. It does not change one bit. You are more disgruntled right now as you did not get the answer that you wanted.(':x')
Your son is in P5 which is about 10 or 11 right now. You got not much time to choose to stay or leave this red dot. Once he is after 11 everything kicks in and there is no way out.
Think hard and think very very hard for your family future and prospect
(':???:')
Mad Scientist(':roll:')


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Strictly Speaking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest