Singapore Expats

PR Rejected, want to buy property

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
s_shakti_kumar

PR Rejected, want to buy property

Post by s_shakti_kumar » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 1:43 am

Hi All,

This is my first post in this group. Hope you all will accept me as a new fellow into the group.

I am a PR since Aug 09. I applied for PR for my wife on 20th Oct09 (we got married on 3rd Oct09). We received a rejection letter 2 days ago, with reason : She does not meet residential requirement. Further, they ask us to re-apply in 9 months time.

Having said that story, I need your suggestion on these two problems :

1. I need to buy a house now, I have been saving for about 3 years in Singapore and have seen that prices are shooting up dramatically.

2. My wife is searching for job "Medical social worker" - in all the open positions every one is asking for a PR, as its a medical related field.

Please advice me, if I should appeal citing the above reasons and hope to get ICA approval this time.

If you believe appealing now is waste, do you have an alternative solutions to my problems ?

Thanks for you time, best regards to everyone

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: PR Rejected, want to buy property

Post by ksl » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 2:06 am

s_shakti_kumar wrote:Hi All,

This is my first post in this group. Hope you all will accept me as a new fellow into the group.

I am a PR since Aug 09. I applied for PR for my wife on 20th Oct09 (we got married on 3rd Oct09). We received a rejection letter 2 days ago, with reason : She does not meet residential requirement. Further, they ask us to re-apply in 9 months time.

Having said that story, I need your suggestion on these two problems :

1. I need to buy a house now, I have been saving for about 3 years in Singapore and have seen that prices are shooting up dramatically.

2. My wife is searching for job "Medical social worker" - in all the open positions every one is asking for a PR, as its a medical related field.

Please advice me, if I should appeal citing the above reasons and hope to get ICA approval this time.

If you believe appealing now is waste, do you have an alternative solutions to my problems ?

Thanks for you time, best regards to everyone
To be asked to reapply in 9 months is quite positve i think Although you cannot buy a property until you are both PR. You need to check with HDB, you may be able to buy a single guys apartment if you are over 35, i think it is. I'm not very sure, but HDB will clarify.

You can bring her in on Long term Visitor pass, then if she can find a job, she can apply for EP or S pass. Not easy at all but I'm sure ICA give priority, under the circumstances.

I think it is normal procedure they are following, because you haven't been married very long, but I do not really know!

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Re: PR Rejected, want to buy property

Post by therat » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 9:49 am

TS already marry, hence cannot buy resale HDB under Single Singapore Citizen Scheme. Further more, this scheme is only for Singapore Citizen above 35 yrs old.

Eligibility To Buy for Resale HDB
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf ... enDocument

Base on the above URL
Need min 2 SPR to buy a resale HDB

Another way is buy private property (non-landed).