Singapore Expats Forum

ICA e-xtend says "can not return within 5 days"

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vivienwest

ICA e-xtend says "can not return within 5 days"

Postby vivienwest » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 9:38 am

So I applied for an extension via e-xtend for the first time, it succeeded and after my visit pass expired, I went back home. Now, since I have a couple of business left to deal with in Singapore, I would like to get back there asap, but I noticed ICA's e-xtend has a written rule saying : can not enter singapore within 5 days from the departure date of your current trip.

Now my question is, I went back on 17th Jan, does that mean I could legally enter singapore on the 22nd ? since the 5 days period should end on 21st

Your help would be largely appreciated, as I am in a rush to get back.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:12 am

Basic math says "yes", but why not call ICA to confirm?
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

vivienwest

Postby vivienwest » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:37 am

Well, for some weird reasons I could not call ICA from over here at all, thus me asking on the forums. Thanks though.

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Re: ICA e-xtend says "can not return within 5 days"

Postby scarbowl » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 4:53 pm

vivienwest wrote:: can not enter singapore within 5 days from the departure date of your current trip.

Now my question is, I went back on 17th Jan, does that mean I could legally enter singapore on the 22nd ? since the 5 days period should end on 21st
I suggest that the 5 days ends on the 22nd, not the 21st. You can't count the 17th since you were in Singapore on that day. Therefore, to be away for 5 days means 18-22. Perhaps you could enter on the 22nd as the end of 5 days but definitely not the 21st.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 5:19 pm

And I'll be you don't get a full SVP when you come back in either. It looks like thay've got you pegged.

arentol

Postby arentol » Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:05 am

sundaymorningstaple,

Greetings, I was wondering if you could explain the reason why you think the OP will not get a full SVP on his return?

Just curious, thanks.

Aren

---

And I'll be you don't get a full SVP when you come back in either. It looks like thay've got you pegged.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:10 pm

arentol wrote:sundaymorningstaple,

Greetings, I was wondering if you could explain the reason why you think the OP will not get a full SVP on his return?

Just curious, thanks.

Aren

---

ICA does not like people who are here and doing visa runs back and especially those who are doing business here illegally. They probably don't know the person is doing business, but common logic would assume that they are doing something that keeps them here. Usually that is a business of some sort (now days it might be online). After the first extensions, they really start to get antsy and I've seen them let you in for only 3 days, long enough to gather up your crap and leave the country. Usually for 6 months minimum but I reckon it could be longer if you made a regular habit of it.

vivienwest wrote:So I applied for an extension via e-xtend for the first time, it succeeded and after my visit pass expired, I went back home. Now, since I have a couple of business left to deal with in Singapore, I would like to get back there asap, but I noticed ICA's e-xtend has a written rule saying : can not enter singapore within 5 days from the departure date of your current trip.

I mean, it's not like Singapore is so big and diverse that it needs more than a week to see all of it, let along 6 months or longer. :roll:

arentol

Postby arentol » Wed, 17 Feb 2010 1:37 pm

Makes sense, thanks for the insight!

Regards,
Aren

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 5:02 am

I have checked this with ICA in the past as I am PR but my older sons in their 20s are not, but visit for extended vacations during Uni holidays, and the answer is you can come back after 5 nights away - ie 22nd. They had no problem getting another SVP on their return, formerly 30 days but now 90 days for UK passport.

hanfen_8586

Postby hanfen_8586 » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 1:55 pm

what is the worst case if we write 30-90 days in D/E card when we come again to Singapore after at least 5days out from Singapore?

please advise from all who had this experience...thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 2:53 pm

It depends on how many time you have done it with "only' 5 day/week. After a while they already know what you are doing and may give you only 3 days in order to clear you stuff out of the country. Or them may ban you from returning for 6 months or more.

hanfen_8586

Postby hanfen_8586 » Sat, 05 Jun 2010 7:08 pm

thank you for your help... =)