Singapore Expats Forum

FOOTBALL/CRICKET/CHINESE????

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Gooders182

FOOTBALL/CRICKET/CHINESE????

Postby Gooders182 » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 9:24 am

Hi Guys,

I will move to Singapore from Shanghai next month for work. I would like to get my social life up and running asap and from my experience the best way of doing this is to join as many groups as possible.

If any of you could supply me with details about the following i would greatly appreciate it:

1) I am looking for a football (soccer) team that trains a couple of times a week and has a match at the weekend. Standard is not important. Also any 5-a-side games would be good.

2) A cricket team. Again one that trains a couple of times a week and has a game at the weekend. Standard is not important.

3) A native Chinese speaker (Mandarin and if possible Shanghainese) for language exchange. My Mandarin level is upper intermediate and my Shanghainese level is basic but enthusiastic to learn. I am a 23 year old male from the UK so i can exchange English in return.

4) if anyone knows of any beginner Japanese or Korean language classes i would also appreciate any details you could provide.

Either reply on here or send me an email at bengoodwin19@hotmail.com

thanks
Ben

julietzhuye

Postby julietzhuye » Sat, 30 Jan 2010 9:27 pm

hey, have you heard anything about football group yet? I am also keeping an eye on it for my boyfriend who is coming in two months...also I am Chinese native who worked in London for 3 years, so if you want to practice Chinese I could help...

Juliet

masauds
Chatter
Chatter

hi

Postby masauds » Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:34 pm

Hi
im interested in sport football or criket or hangout, just PM me