From Dependant Pass To PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:15 am

From Dependant Pass To PR

Post by SCHNG » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:24 am

I am Malaysian recently offered a job in Singpaore, and has been applying for employment pass.
I plan to apply for my two kids the dependant pass.
They are of 14" years old.
And the plan is also they will enrol into local government school under their dependant pass.
The question is that when I apply for PR later on, will the dependant pass of the kid still valid?
Thanks in advance for any comement.

Posts: 10
Joined: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 9:57 am
Location: Singapore


Post by AugustinParis » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:45 am

when completing your PR application you will have to hand over their dependant pass. They will be on a regular tourism pass for 3 months, which leaves you plenty of time to apply for a long term social visit pass valid 1 year, or student pass.

Mind you though : you can apply for PR for them, and thus lower your school fees (still cheaper for PR than foreigners) but you have to consider NS if you have a son.
Coming soon...

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests