Singapore Expats Forum

Facebook Adds

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 1:18 pm

If I may be so bold as to suggest a meeting in real life resolve all these issues that we're discussing right now.

Yay or nay?

:cool:

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 1:30 pm

yay

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 2:09 pm

yay

@nne

Postby @nne » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 3:05 pm

@ sundaymorningstaple: false advertising? maybe. Im not trying to advertise myself on facebook. its just a pic i like. anyway on this forum itself, i see that your display pic now is not of yourself either. Atleast i have actual pics there of myself.

@ sergei: again, the picture you are referring to is actually not me either. But yes youre right. I do smoke. and I do drink.

@ nakatago: thank you for suggesting a meet up. but at the moment i feel like im already being judged by people i dont even know or have not even met yet. i dont mean to be rude, but now tell me why would i come to meet anyone just to prove myself? it would be like meeting all of you guys just to prove that "whoever" and "whoever" was right or wrong about me? i dont think so.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 3:17 pm

No!!! It's for us - we have to prove our sense of self significance - meet such a nice girl. :wink:

@nne

Postby @nne » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 3:23 pm

thanks for that sergei. thats quite nice you said that.

but im afraid if i smoke i might look like a hooker and im not really up for judgement by people i dont know or dont know me.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 3:24 pm

@nne wrote:@ sundaymorningstaple: false advertising? maybe. Im not trying to advertise myself on facebook. its just a pic i like. anyway on this forum itself, i see that your display pic now is not of yourself either. Atleast i have actual pics there of myself.

As do I on my facebook page. Including my "profile" pic. By the way, on a forum it's called an Avatar because it's not supposed to be your real identity but just a representation. But on FB they are not called avatars at all, but "profile" pics which by definition is an accurate portrayal (profile) of the Page owner, which my FB page does and yours does not. Therefore for the casual browser who would look at your profile, they would assume that it is you. If it's is not, and it's not a photo, then fair enough, but if it is a photo of somebody else, then you are portraying yourself as somebody else in your profile. Wonder what that's called? ;)

@ sergei: again, the picture you are referring to is actually not me either. But yes youre right. I do smoke. and I do drink.

@ nakatago: thank you for suggesting a meet up. but at the moment i feel like im already being judged by people i dont even know or have not even met yet. i dont mean to be rude, but now tell me why would i come to meet anyone just to prove myself? it would be like meeting all of you guys just to prove that "whoever" and "whoever" was right or wrong about me? i don't think so.

Everybody who goes to your FB page judges you. Some leave a message, most don't bother, as is their right. They have never met you either (in most cases) as you have rightly pointed out in your earlier post [quote]i know i can just add random people on facebook itself, but i kinda like the people on here.. :) The only difference? We are telling you our thoughts, nothing more, nothing less. At least we are being honest with you. :-|

sms

nakatago

pacis quod alcedonia

Postby nakatago » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 3:29 pm

@nne wrote: thank you for suggesting a meet up. but at the moment i feel like im already being judged by people i dont even know or have not even met yet. i dont mean to be rude, but now tell me why would i come to meet anyone just to prove myself? it would be like meeting all of you guys just to prove that "whoever" and "whoever" was right or wrong about me? i dont think so.

Lighten up; we're not asking you to prove yourself. If you'd notice, I switch speech patterns when I suggested a meet up and said it in jest. Think of it this way:

"Wow, this girl sure is purty. I gotta meet her."

Sorry if all this came as judging to you but us regulars have come to a certain comfort level with each other that we don't worry being all PC and nice and fluffy and sunny and sweet all the time (except vbelle; she's always sweet). SMS may be a cranky curmudgeon but his wisdom makes up for it and we all love him like we do Great Grampappy Abe. Mauvecloud and Sergei have had more than their fair share of verbal jousting (though not always with each other) that you'd think they're married and I'm a freakin' decepticon. And there's more of the ensemble cast.

This here's the internets; we only go by with what we see (the pics) and we're all weirdos in our own rights. Of course, we'd like to be proven wrong and being proven wrong over food and booze is always welcome--hence the suggested meet up (And guys--and some girls--like meeting pretty girls).

Sergei82 wrote:No!!! It's for us - we have to prove our sense of self significance - meet such a nice girl. :wink:

I was thinking of satisfying a sense of self-indulgence.

Again, pretty girls. Meeting Them. Win.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 3:43 pm

Umph...??? I didn't judge you. I told you're nice! Did I win a ticket for a date with you?

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 6:26 pm

online impression can be very different from meatspace impression. therefore, once in a while, log off facebook, go out, and greet.

(tho' some of us actually bring facebook to outings too, what with wi-fi equipped cellphones ^^)

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 6:50 pm

Did I miss the bus..where is the FB link :shock:
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 9:52 pm

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 10:13 pm

mauvecloud wrote:online impression can be very different from meatspace impression. therefore, once in a while, log off facebook, go out, and greet.

(tho' some of us actually bring facebook to outings too, what with wi-fi equipped cellphones ^^)

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Gaming > Life

Postby mauvecloud » Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:52 pm

nakatago, i thought Characters and Newer Levels were Unlocked, while Current Levels were To Be Cleared.

Therefore, LEFT THE HOUSE is the level Cleared.

MAKE NEW FRIENDS is the level Unlocked.

If you Clear MAKE NEW FRIENDS level, you then Unlock NEW FRIEND characters and HAVE FUN levels.

And if you're inclined that way, you may Unlock GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND characters and DATING levels (sublevel Bases 1,2,3, etc) too.

=======================

Also, I got curious about the OP...
Is it Maximizer, or, erm... something else?

sutra420754.html&highlight=#420754

nakatago

Re: Gaming > Life

Postby nakatago » Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:01 am

oi vei...http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fake-xbox-360-achievements
mauvecloud wrote:nakatago, i thought Characters and Newer Levels were Unlocked, while Current Levels were To Be Cleared.

Therefore, LEFT THE HOUSE is the level Cleared.

MAKE NEW FRIENDS is the level Unlocked.

If you Clear MAKE NEW FRIENDS level, you then Unlock NEW FRIEND characters and HAVE FUN levels.

And if you're inclined that way, you may Unlock GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND characters and DATING levels (sublevel Bases 1,2,3, etc) too.

=======================

Also, I got curious about the OP...
Is it Maximizer, or, erm... something else?

sutra420754.html&highlight=#420754