Singapore Expats Forum

PR's and buying HDB Flats

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
RobSg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2008

PR's and buying HDB Flats

Postby RobSg » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 6:55 pm

Hi all-
I heard today that there is a new law that single PR's can buy 3 room HDB resales flats. I am sure it is not correct, but instead the person misinterpreted the old law that states that two PR's in the same family can buy a resale flat. Is there any truth to single PR's being able to buy a resale flat?

Thank you.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR's and buying HDB Flats

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 8:53 pm

RobSg wrote:Hi all-
I heard today that there is a new law that single PR's can buy 3 room HDB resales flats. I am sure it is not correct, but instead the person misinterpreted the old law that states that two PR's in the same family can buy a resale flat. Is there any truth to single PR's being able to buy a resale flat?

Thank you.


It sounds like a combination of mis-interpretations to me.

I believe they are referring to to Single Citizens/SPR buying a resale flat. See here:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf ... ty_Schemes

sms

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:45 pm

Probably have to wait until you are at least 35, just like citizens

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 11:00 pm

I haven't heard anything from HDB about this and their website still is showing the over 35 single option as only being for Citizens.

kskps
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 29 Dec 2009

Postby kskps » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 12:02 pm

I too heard similar to that. A family with Single PR can buy a resale flat.
I was about to ask the same question here and luckily found this Post.
8-)

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby therat » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 3:36 pm

kskps wrote:I too heard similar to that. A family with Single PR can buy a resale flat.
I was about to ask the same question here and luckily found this Post.
8-)


http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf ... enDocument

I don't find any schemes that allow single PR allow to buy a resale flat.

I don't think HDB will allow that.
If HDB allow, they had to prepare to get the screaming from the single citizen.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 4:13 pm

therat wrote:
kskps wrote:I too heard similar to that. A family with Single PR can buy a resale flat.
I was about to ask the same question here and luckily found this Post.
8-)


http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10201p.nsf ... enDocument

I don't find any schemes that allow single PR allow to buy a resale flat.

I don't think HDB will allow that.
If HDB allow, they had to prepare to get the screaming from the single citizen.


Really therat, you should read the whole thread. The links to HDB are already there. :roll:

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby therat » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 4:20 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
therat wrote:
Really therat, you should read the whole thread. The links to HDB are already there. :roll:


SMS,
I did read.
The link you posted is refer to "Citizen/SPR Siblings Scheme"?
Base on the link, it stated "You must be a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) with at least one other sibling who is also an SC/SPR."

Hence it still need min 2 SPR but kskps asking " A family with Single PR can buy a resale flat. "

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 4:30 pm

therat wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
therat wrote:
Really therat, you should read the whole thread. The links to HDB are already there. :roll:


SMS,
I did read.
The link you posted is refer to "Citizen/SPR Siblings Scheme"?
Base on the link, it stated "You must be a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) with at least one other sibling who is also an SC/SPR."


Hence it still need min 2 SPR but kskps asking " A family with Single PR can buy a resale flat. "


sundaymorningstaple wrote:I haven't heard anything from HDB about this and their website still is showing the over 35 single option as only being for Citizens.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sun, 31 Jan 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby therat » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 4:40 pm

Oh.

Now I know what you mean.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests