Singapore Expats Forum

Employment Pass Rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ashok.byahut

Postby ashok.byahut » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:34 pm

Nice to see so many people have share their thoughts and experiences, thank you guys.

The third party has appealed to a senior officer at MOM with additional supporting docs (experience, reco letters etc). The senior officer has advised that the processing will take 2 weeks.

I insisted many times to third party to let me meet that officer to show the original docs but they turned that down saying they will give the due time to officer and follow up after that. If the officer will indicate to see the original docs, they will do that. I don't have much visibility to the processes the third party is following and the interaction between my HR and that third party... Keeping my fingers crossed.

There must be many cases in past where people have applied with forged docs. But my documents are not forged. All the IBs do have strict back ground verification check that includes everything, from verification of residence addresses, professional certificates, degree to police record. MOM should indicate that they want to see the original docs, if they think its forged or even make submitting the original docs compulsory, the way UK does for hsmp.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:09 am

Did you know, there is a certain Asean member embassy here in Singapore, that, for a fee of a couple of hundred Singapore dollars, they will certify their country's degrees with no questions asked? MOM is aware of this.

Did you know, that the Singapore Government has their own teams and/or contracts other organizations in various countries to vet claims on Employment Pass Applications and to verify documents from within country's of origin of the applicant?

Often, if they cannot verify a document it take a long time to get an approval or rejection. Some of our third world neighbours don't even have computerized records at their universities so hunting for an original transcript is a tedious and often futile search.

There are so many things that can affect the outcome of an application that it just boggles the mind. I've spend too many morning/afternoons down at the MOM's Department of Foreign Workers opposite Great World City just to learn of more shennanigans pulled by foreign staff in order to try to gain admission to Singapore to work. I've virtually seen it all.

ashok.byahut

Postby ashok.byahut » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:50 am

I am not aware of any such embassy. I really wish the Singapore government's teams and their contract organizations would have verified my certificates, don't think it would take more than 2-3 days to do that. Its not always the case where only the first world countries have computerized system in their universities, universities from so called "third world countries" do use them as well.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 6:52 am

Dude, why don't you go back and re-read my post. I didn't say all. I didn't say you should know which embassy (wouldn't do you any good unless you happen to be from that country). I didn't say it was the case in your situation. I only said that these things happen and are happening. There was something obviously wrong with your application. Either there's something wrong with the application or your docs, your work history, your employer's needs to hire a foreigner, etc. etc. If you think all universities from 3rd world countries use computers, you are a very naive person.

Nah, they singled you out just to reject you didn't they? :roll: