Singapore Expats

French-English Exchange - Thursday, 14 January

Want to learn a new language? Find someone who can help here.
AGIS

French-English Exchange - Thursday, 14 January

Post by AGIS » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 9:28 am

Bonne Annee! I hope everyone is well, had nice vacations, and would like to wish you the best for 2010. Propose that we set the next French-English Exchange for Thursday, 14 January. Since it is a new year, I thought we might try something a little different this time around to see how it works. Suggest that we meet in the food court on the top floor at the new 313@Somerset (just above the Somerset MRT station). It is big, airy and has a nice view of Orchard Road. Also suggest we move the time a little latter and start at 7:30 PM in order to give people getting off from work a little more time to arrive. Afterwards, I was thinking of trying the KPO bar/cafe at the Killiney Post Office (just across the street from the new Orchard Central). It may be a bit pricey, but they serve Kronenbourg beer so we can at least keep the French theme for those who want to. What do you think? Let me know if you would like to try to join in (e-mail: [email protected]). Also, nothing is set in stone so please feel free to make a different suggestion for locations.

Amicalement,

Patrick

PS The French-English Exchange is for any level of French speaker (or francophones looking to work on English or help people with their French) and is meant as a friendly, social exchange. It is not a French class, instead a way to meet other people with a shared interest.