Singapore Expats Forum

UK 24 Male Moved to Singapore - Looking to meet new people!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Merx85

UK 24 Male Moved to Singapore - Looking to meet new people!

Postby Merx85 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 2:22 pm

Hi all, I have just moved to Singapore from London and I am looking to meet some new people to hang out with. I am open minded and pretty much up for anything, so if you fancy going for a bite to eat or want to go out drinking will be more than happy to meet up. As it’s my first time in Asia any advice or recommendations would also be really appreciated.

:D

Cheers

If keen please mail matt_rutter@hotmail.com
Matt

cutio1979

Postby cutio1979 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 5:30 pm

Hi There,

I too just arrived - originally from the UK but I have been in Asia 2 years so happy to impart some advice and make new friends.

rachel.barr3@anz.com

Rach

topnut

Postby topnut » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 5:57 pm

Welcome to Singapore!

I've been living here for the past 18 months and I'm having a blast. I have friends who complain about how boring Singapore is, but I would beg to differ.

I initially joined this forum because: 1) I needed a haircut and 2) I was moving out of my previous apartment. I haven't posted anything ever since. I'm bored and now I'm posting on this forum. :-) I'd be wincing by now, if I didn't know any better. I've always felt that it was cheesy or tacky to be finding new friends online. Yet, I've been blessed to have found and made a really great friend on some other graduate students' forum. So, yeah, I'm eating my words, taking a chance, and paying it forward.

I've lived here long enough to be able to say that I've had a good experience of what Singapore has to offer. For whatever it's worth, I'd be more than happy to dispense generous portions of advice.

I'm open to meeting up this evening. Methinks some sushi would be a good idea... :-)

SmellyKitty

Hello

Postby SmellyKitty » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 2:56 pm

From M'sia, been in Singers for almost 3 months now. Still exploring and trying to make new friends. Had the same opinions about meeting people online at topnut initially and instead tried or prefer to meet face-to-face and see where it goes from there, but been having some shitty experiences so far.

So, if any of you folks are game for a cup of coffee or a stub, holler.

shimmeringlilies

Re: Hello

Postby shimmeringlilies » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 2:59 pm

SmellyKitty wrote:From M'sia, been in Singers for almost 3 months now. Still exploring and trying to make new friends. Had the same opinions about meeting people online at topnut initially and instead tried or prefer to meet face-to-face and see where it goes from there, but been having some shitty experiences so far.

I was born in Malaysia as well but I had spent most of my years in Canada and now I got hired for a job in Singapore. Totally new in town and would love to meet up with any locals or even Malaysians! Meeting people online still sounds pretty skeptical to me but I wouldn't mind giving that a try since that it seems like the only way to get to know people other than from work.
So, if you are interested pls do drop me a pm or something and we can meet for coffee and what not...

Edmund Teoh

Re: Hello

Postby Edmund Teoh » Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:23 am

shimmeringlilies wrote:
SmellyKitty wrote:From M'sia, been in Singers for almost 3 months now. Still exploring and trying to make new friends. Had the same opinions about meeting people online at topnut initially and instead tried or prefer to meet face-to-face and see where it goes from there, but been having some shitty experiences so far.

I was born in Malaysia as well but I had spent most of my years in Canada and now I got hired for a job in Singapore. Totally new in town and would love to meet up with any locals or even Malaysians! Meeting people online still sounds pretty skeptical to me but I wouldn't mind giving that a try since that it seems like the only way to get to know people other than from work.
So, if you are interested pls do drop me a pm or something and we can meet for coffee and what not...

Hi, I'm Malaysian too! Used to stay in Toronto for a few years and then moved to Holland and now ended up in Singapore for work as well as of two weeks ago. Wouldn't mind meeting up for coffee also, though I can only do it on a weekday this week (I'm still moving/unpacking into my new place). I don't think I've posted enough to PM yet, so my number is nine eight nine four zero one one four. Feel free to drop me an SMS then we can all arrange a time and place to meet.

pseagal
Regular
Regular

when is the next meeting

Postby pseagal » Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:17 pm

Hi folks:

I would like to know when the next meeting is - it seems there are some newbies as well as those who have been here for a while - I will happy to suggest a few places to have a coffee or a drink - in the evenings on weekends or Friday night (please come to FNDC - see the link, it's a great place to start meeting friendly down to earth folk).

Let me know, please pm me

Thanks

SmellyKitty

Hi all

Postby SmellyKitty » Sun, 24 Jan 2010 3:09 pm

I can't private msg anyone too. Please drop me your email addresses so we can coordinate an outing. :)

shimmeringlilies

Postby shimmeringlilies » Sun, 24 Jan 2010 9:49 pm

Sure thing...

babyshuyi@hotmail.com
You can add me via msn for this as well but please do let me know you are from the forum or else it will be blocked & deleted.

Cheers!

rjwebster401

Postby rjwebster401 » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 9:20 am

Hi guys,

I'd love t tag along if poss!

I've been here since Sept, always looking to meet new people!

Give me a shout, rjwebster401@btinternet.com

play_kitty

Postby play_kitty » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 3:13 pm

Im looking to meet new people to. Dont have mch spare time though. Just mainly on weekends.
First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman!

blued3838

Postby blued3838 » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 5:44 pm

Hi All,

I'm a local male in my 30s, keen to know more people for chats on msn or facebook and other activities.

Thanks.

travelchick

Postby travelchick » Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:05 pm

Hey All,

Having an expat gathering this Sunday at 8pm at Loof bar.
Check this post
ftopic67521.html

and do rsvp to avoid standing the rest of the night.
A bunch of Brits, Aus, etc are coming so it's a great way to expand everyone's social network.

See ya!

aussiePT

Postby aussiePT » Sat, 13 Feb 2010 6:04 pm

hey mate