Singapore Expats Forum

Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can close

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby SGBoyxxx » Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:49 pm

:lol: okie forgive if I am stereotype here..or whatever.

I didn;t mean I am going to find a girl..like maid?

just that I noticed the local girls only knows how to eat good foods , choose which place to eat

but don;t know how to cook.

about physcial , many of them don;t look fit .Ya there is some is .

User avatar
vbelle
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu, 23 Apr 2009
Location: singapore

Postby vbelle » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 2:48 pm

SGBoyxxx wrote:
I didn;t mean I am going to find a girl..like maid?



remind me of my ex..when i was 20yrs old..well he was my BF..telling me"the most important thing to me in looking for a woman is if she can take care of me and clean up if im sick"..then i said "Clean up? you look for a couple or a maid?"
my bad for not getting the romanticism in it...;p

im not taking any offend SGBoy..im not local..and im not a good housecleaner..nor cook...that should be admitted;p

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby SGBoyxxx » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 5:33 pm

vbelle wrote:
SGBoyxxx wrote:
I didn;t mean I am going to find a girl..like maid?



remind me of my ex..when i was 20yrs old..well he was my BF..telling me"the most important thing to me in looking for a woman is if she can take care of me and clean up if im sick"..then i said "Clean up? you look for a couple or a maid?"
my bad for not getting the romanticism in it...;p

im not taking any offend SGBoy..im not local..and im not a good housecleaner..nor cook...that should be admitted;p



ok I am have to admit I am also don;t know how to do houseworks.
cook ...ect

all is done by my parents.

I just admire those non local girls , they seem able to look after themself.

User avatar
intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun, 20 Dec 2009

Postby intellectualsmuse » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:31 pm

SGBoyxxx wrote:
vbelle wrote:
SGBoyxxx wrote:
I didn;t mean I am going to find a girl..like maid?



remind me of my ex..when i was 20yrs old..well he was my BF..telling me"the most important thing to me in looking for a woman is if she can take care of me and clean up if im sick"..then i said "Clean up? you look for a couple or a maid?"
my bad for not getting the romanticism in it...;p

im not taking any offend SGBoy..im not local..and im not a good housecleaner..nor cook...that should be admitted;p



ok I am have to admit I am also don;t know how to do houseworks.
cook ...ect

all is done by my parents.

I just admire those non local girls , they seem able to look after themself.


So its okay that you as a local "guy" are not independant but the same thing in a local "girl" is unacceptable is it? By the same logic you too are incapable of looking after yourself! Talk of double standards!
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby SGBoyxxx » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:45 pm

intellectualsmuse wrote:
SGBoyxxx wrote:
vbelle wrote:
SGBoyxxx wrote:
I didn;t mean I am going to find a girl..like maid?



remind me of my ex..when i was 20yrs old..well he was my BF..telling me"the most important thing to me in looking for a woman is if she can take care of me and clean up if im sick"..then i said "Clean up? you look for a couple or a maid?"
my bad for not getting the romanticism in it...;p

im not taking any offend SGBoy..im not local..and im not a good housecleaner..nor cook...that should be admitted;p



ok I am have to admit I am also don;t know how to do houseworks.
cook ...ect

all is done by my parents.

I just admire those non local girls , they seem able to look after themself.


So its okay that you as a local "guy" are not independant but the same thing in a local "girl" is unacceptable is it? By the same logic you too are incapable of looking after yourself! Talk of double standards!



lol...in the first place I hope everyone don;t take it too seriously .

I am easy going ...

User avatar
intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun, 20 Dec 2009

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 15 Jan 2010 1:18 am

SGBoyxxx wrote:
intellectualsmuse wrote:
SGBoyxxx wrote:
vbelle wrote:
SGBoyxxx wrote:
I didn;t mean I am going to find a girl..like maid?



remind me of my ex..when i was 20yrs old..well he was my BF..telling me"the most important thing to me in looking for a woman is if she can take care of me and clean up if im sick"..then i said "Clean up? you look for a couple or a maid?"
my bad for not getting the romanticism in it...;p

im not taking any offend SGBoy..im not local..and im not a good housecleaner..nor cook...that should be admitted;p



ok I am have to admit I am also don;t know how to do houseworks.
cook ...ect

all is done by my parents.

I just admire those non local girls , they seem able to look after themself.


So its okay that you as a local "guy" are not independant but the same thing in a local "girl" is unacceptable is it? By the same logic you too are incapable of looking after yourself! Talk of double standards!



lol...in the first place I hope everyone don;t take it too seriously .

I am easy going ...



Nice to know that :) Next time around wont take you seriously at all! ;) PROMISE!!!
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

User avatar
phantasmagoria
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 26 Jan 2010

Re: Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can c

Postby phantasmagoria » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:20 pm

SGBoyxxx wrote::wink: personally I feel europeans girls , be if from america , UK , aust

russia ...ect are more independent than asian girls.

gee I am asian guy here.

I cannot stand it asian girls cannot be independent.

can;t cook , can;t do simple DIY housework stuffs. ect

and physcially unfit .


whereas I am noticed european girls more independent.
take care of kids well .
cook well too.
physcially fit.

well maybe I am stay in singapore seldom travel and stay in another countries much maybe is unfair I comment like this.
lol....


Well if you seldom travel and have not lived much in other countries how do you know if Western girls are more independent than Asian girls? As already mentioned, in Western cultures youngsters usually move out and are independent in their late teens but in Asia they usually stay with their parents till marriage. So I would say that independence is due to nurture and not nature.

I'm a Singaporean girl with an Australian housemate who is financially independent. While she could cook and do housework on her own properly, she is often too lazy to do them and doesn't clean up after herself, so most of the time I am the one vacuuming the house, putting away dishes, taking out the trash, clearing whatever she leaves all over the place. She claimed that our fan was broken when it really only need fresh batteries and thought her previous 2 vacuum cleaners were broken as well when it was only cuz the bags were full. In a way she has grown dependent on me to take care of the house, (when I was away for a month the kitchen and toilet were overflowing with trash and empty paper rolls and the carpet was disgusting).

Likewise, I have many Singaporean friends who, like myself, knew nothing about housework and cooking but that changed after living on our own abroad. We learned how to take care of our finances, do chores and cook edible meals. Several other friends who do not have the experience of living abroad already started helping around the house with chores and taking care of their younger siblings in their early teens. It's not fair to say that "Asian girls cannot be independent". Perhaps you really need to get out more.

User avatar
mulatto
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat, 16 May 2009

Re: Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can c

Postby mulatto » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:52 pm

SGBoyxxx wrote::wink: personally I feel europeans girls , be if from america , UK , aust

russia ...ect are more independent than asian girls.

gee I am asian guy here.

I cannot stand it asian girls cannot be independent.

can;t cook , can;t do simple DIY housework stuffs. ect

and physcially unfit .


whereas I am noticed european girls more independent.
take care of kids well .
cook well too.
physcially fit.

well maybe I am stay in singapore seldom travel and stay in another countries much maybe is unfair I comment like this.
lol....


friend, your comments ARE unfair. most girls in my homecountry (southeast asian) are trained to cook, do laundry, iron clothes, take care of younger siblings, sew clothes, help parents go to the market, and all other domestic work as early as primary school.

theny they were taught how to be independent and career-oriented when they reach university. then in their mid-twenties they juggle between work and domestic life.

oh, and according to angmohs they make good housewives and mothers.

please, do travel. it will broaden your take on things.
:)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 6:49 am

I don't think his comments are unfair, but I think in his generalization he actually meant "Singapaore" Asian girls and not those in the greater region.

User avatar
mulatto
Regular
Regular
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat, 16 May 2009

Postby mulatto » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 8:29 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I don't think his comments are unfair, but I think in his generalization he actually meant "Singapaore" Asian girls and not those in the greater region.


oh, OK. i rest my case then :)

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9164
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can c

Postby x9200 » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:10 am

phantasmagoria wrote:It's not fair to say that "Asian girls cannot be independent". Perhaps you really need to get out more.

Again, as SMS pointed out, this was generalization and perhaps bad phrasing of some words. Nothing more. At least myself took it too this way. Nothing to do with your ability to learn.

sundazz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 17 May 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can c

Postby sundazz » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 4:43 pm

SGBoyxxx wrote::wink: personally I feel europeans girls , be if from america , UK , aust

russia ...ect are more independent than asian girls.

gee I am asian guy here.

I cannot stand it asian girls cannot be independent.

can;t cook , can;t do simple DIY housework stuffs. ect

and physcially unfit .


whereas I am noticed european girls more independent.
take care of kids well .
cook well too.
physcially fit.

well maybe I am stay in singapore seldom travel and stay in another countries much maybe is unfair I comment like this.
lol....




Not true...
Most Singapore girls can cook but they choose not to cook, that doesn't mean that they are less independent.
Dont forget that Asian girls esp Singapore girls are financially independent.. so why and where are the less independent if they can choose to eat out or hire a maid.

My wife is a pure Singaporean.. she can cook, can do cleaning, can look after my kids well and can even change light bulbs, fix the toilet flush and clear the sink choking when i am out. And she is in the retail business.

So is my wife exceptional? guess not as there are many exceptional here in this tread said that their mothers, sisters, wives and girl friends actually can cook and do house work.. Many exceptional means normal.. so who said asian and Singapore girls aren't independent?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 5:08 pm

And how many didn't say so? :-k Of course they are going to keep their mouth shut as they don't want to look the fool for marrying a women who cannot keep a house. [-( Sorry, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars. Want a "get out of jail free" card? :mrgreen:

sundazz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 17 May 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby sundazz » Tue, 09 Feb 2010 6:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And how many didn't say so? :-k Of course they are going to keep their mouth shut as they don't want to look the fool for marrying a women who cannot keep a house. [-( Sorry, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars. Want a "get out of jail free" card? :mrgreen:


well.. those didn't say doesn't mean that their women at home cannot do house work too... :roll:

AminoAcid
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun, 12 Oct 2008
Location: Sing

Postby AminoAcid » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:42 pm

SGBoyxxx wrote:
taxico wrote:in certain western countries, it's the norm for kids to leave home after graduating high school.

that's a big motivating factor towards learning how to cook and clean - to be independent.

asian kids tend to stay with their parents for much longer and get mollycoddled, as do those in some (?) european countries (italy?).

as always, as mentioned above, there are exceptions; my wife can't cook to save her life although she's lived independently for some time.

she can clean very well though!


well true yup I am a good example

I stay with my parents.
and ya my parents do the housework where I at work .

ya I DO FEEL SHAME OF MYSELF can;t cook a proper meals
never boil water or cook rich before..

what you mention is true ..
"asian kids tend to stay with their parents for much longer and get mollycoddled"

I am agreed.


what I admire is yup as you mention...
"certain western countries, it's the norm for kids to leave home after graduating high school.

that's a big motivating factor towards learning how to cook and clean - to be independent.
"

this is what I respect and admire those westerns .
and thus dare to explore .

whereas asian more conservation .



Funny, did you not attend National Service? Last I remembered we cleaned our bunks at every available waking hour and boiled water with campfires. Have you dated a lot of Singaporean girls? I seem to know quite a fair number of girls who can whip up quite a spread when the occasion calls for it.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests