Singapore Expats Forum

Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can close

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can close

Postby SGBoyxxx » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:39 am

:wink: personally I feel europeans girls , be if from america , UK , aust

russia ...ect are more independent than asian girls.

gee I am asian guy here.

I cannot stand it asian girls cannot be independent.

can;t cook , can;t do simple DIY housework stuffs. ect

and physcially unfit .


whereas I am noticed european girls more independent.
take care of kids well .
cook well too.
physcially fit.

well maybe I am stay in singapore seldom travel and stay in another countries much maybe is unfair I comment like this.
lol....

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Re: Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can c

Postby Saint » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:59 am

SGBoyxxx wrote::wink: personally I feel europeans girls , be if from america , UK , aust



The last time I checked a map, neither America nor Australia were in Europe :cool:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:14 pm

Yeah, but most westerners in American and Aus came from Europe stockoriginally though....... :wink: (My grandparents immigrated after WWI - My father was born in the US though).

sweetie2980
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat, 31 Oct 2009
Location: malaysia

Re: Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can c

Postby sweetie2980 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:37 pm

SGBoyxxx wrote::wink: personally I feel europeans girls , be if from america , UK , aust

russia ...ect are more independent than asian girls.

gee I am asian guy here.

I cannot stand it asian girls cannot be independent.

can;t cook , can;t do simple DIY housework stuffs. ect

and physcially unfit .


whereas I am noticed european girls more independent.
take care of kids well .
cook well too.
physcially fit.

well maybe I am stay in singapore seldom travel and stay in another countries much maybe is unfair I comment like this.
lol....


You sure westerners women are independent when it comes to housework? well i mean sure there are alot of westerners out there who are all rounder.But for there are alot westerners women who are dependent..like my fiance ex..she doesnt like to do housework..cooking let alone cleaning..

On the other hands not all asians are dependent too...all my friends know how to do housework..maybe it might be the case you pick the wrong girl :lol:
Last edited by sweetie2980 on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
from down south all the way to west coast california..blending the sugar and spice of asian world in the world of melting pots america

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:49 pm

I think SGBoyxxx means Asian as in Singaporean in particular. Malaysian girls still know how to cook. Most Gen X & Y'ers here in Singapore don't know how to boil water!

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby SGBoyxxx » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 2:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I think SGBoyxxx means Asian as in Singaporean in particular. Malaysian girls still know how to cook. Most Gen X & Y'ers here in Singapore don't know how to boil water!


yup

you know me well lol.

User avatar
SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can c

Postby SGBoyxxx » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 2:45 pm

sweetie2980 wrote:
SGBoyxxx wrote::wink: personally I feel europeans girls , be if from america , UK , aust

russia ...ect are more independent than asian girls.

gee I am asian guy here.

I cannot stand it asian girls cannot be independent.

can;t cook , can;t do simple DIY housework stuffs. ect

and physcially unfit .


whereas I am noticed european girls more independent.
take care of kids well .
cook well too.
physcially fit.

well maybe I am stay in singapore seldom travel and stay in another countries much maybe is unfair I comment like this.
lol....


You sure westerners women are independent when it comes to housework? well i mean sure there are alot of westerners out there who are all rounder.But for there are alot westerners women who are dependent..like my fiance ex..she doesnt like to do housework..cooking let alone cleaning..

On the other hands not all asians are dependent too...all my friends know how to do housework..maybe it might be the case you pick the wrong girl :lol:



lol seriously I don;t date a girl before and many girls thought I have gf or even marry .
seriously sometimes I am also not sure about myself.
sometime I feel happy carefree to be single

don;t afraid to be die alone .

but sometime I wish to find one girl
happily form a family of my own.

well for your case maybe isolated?

compare to asian girls who are quite alot out there don;t even know how to cook and depend alot .

sweetie2980
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat, 31 Oct 2009
Location: malaysia

Re: Don;t flame me .If mod feel my thread is offensive can c

Postby sweetie2980 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 3:02 pm

SGBoyxxx wrote:
sweetie2980 wrote:
SGBoyxxx wrote::wink: personally I feel europeans girls , be if from america , UK , aust

russia ...ect are more independent than asian girls.

gee I am asian guy here.

I cannot stand it asian girls cannot be independent.

can;t cook , can;t do simple DIY housework stuffs. ect

and physcially unfit .


whereas I am noticed european girls more independent.
take care of kids well .
cook well too.
physcially fit.

well maybe I am stay in singapore seldom travel and stay in another countries much maybe is unfair I comment like this.
lol....


You sure westerners women are independent when it comes to housework? well i mean sure there are alot of westerners out there who are all rounder.But for there are alot westerners women who are dependent..like my fiance ex..she doesnt like to do housework..cooking let alone cleaning..

On the other hands not all asians are dependent too...all my friends know how to do housework..maybe it might be the case you pick the wrong girl :lol:



lol seriously I don;t date a girl before and many girls thought I have gf or even marry .
seriously sometimes I am also not sure about myself.
sometime I feel happy carefree to be single

don;t afraid to be die alone .

but sometime I wish to find one girl
happily form a family of my own.

well for your case maybe isolated?

compare to asian girls who are quite alot out there don;t even know how to cook and depend alot .


Hmmm....so i take it in your case only applies to singaporean girls.I used to work in singapore and got to know some of the locals girls there..but mostly of my colleagues are aunties who do know how to do housework.

So that is why Singaporean men decided to stay single...if a girl cant even boil water this is considered serious.Probably thats answer the question as all these girls are too busy swarming the malls all over the island be it day or night.
from down south all the way to west coast california..blending the sugar and spice of asian world in the world of melting pots america

User avatar
QRM
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005
Location: Nassim hill

Postby QRM » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 3:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I think SGBoyxxx means Asian as in Singaporean in particular. Malaysian girls still know how to cook. Most Gen X & Y'ers here in Singapore don't know how to boil water!


Funny you should say that, Singapore is supposed to be Foodie central, and all the Singaporean women I know don't cook. One married woman with an 8 year old has never made a home cooked meal, another has an Audi TT but not even a fridge at home.

Many of my wifes female colleagues are amazed after work she comes home to cook for the family.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 4:03 pm

QRM wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I think SGBoyxxx means Asian as in Singaporean in particular. Malaysian girls still know how to cook. Most Gen X & Y'ers here in Singapore don't know how to boil water!


Funny you should say that, Singapore is supposed to be Foodie central, and all the Singaporean women I know don't cook. One married woman with an 8 year old has never made a home cooked meal, another has an Audi TT but not even a fridge at home.

Many of my wifes female colleagues are amazed after work she comes home to cook for the family.


What's even more amazing is if they have a kitchen in their newly renovated flat, they have beautiful stainless appliances and don't even know what they are used for! My wife is the exception but then again, she's no longer a spring chicken, so as the eldest she spent most of her life taking care of the younger siblings and she's an excellent cook. (But she's, like me, now retirement age or thereabouts! (I think we're called "the leading edge" of the Babyboomer generation) :-|

User avatar
EADG
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu, 01 Sep 2005

Postby EADG » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 6:41 pm

SGB, the joke about women from where I come from is the only thing they know how to make for dinner is reservations.

My sister, Nana and mother being exceptions of course.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3190
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 8:12 pm

in certain western countries, it's the norm for kids to leave home after graduating high school.

that's a big motivating factor towards learning how to cook and clean - to be independent.

asian kids tend to stay with their parents for much longer and get mollycoddled, as do those in some (?) european countries (italy?).

as always, as mentioned above, there are exceptions; my wife can't cook to save her life although she's lived independently for some time.

she can clean very well though!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun, 20 Dec 2009

Postby intellectualsmuse » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 1:34 am

SGBoy, u should marry one ( non Asian I mean)!

Having said that am not a huge fan of stereotypes. How "independent" you are depends on your upbringing, circumstances and personality. As an Asian independent woman who knows how to cook, I can vouch for this :P
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 4:52 am

intellectualsmuse wrote:SGBoy, u should marry one ( non Asian I mean)!
Yeah, this is a good point. It may easily happen SGBoyxxx that you would have trouble handling all the aspects of this independence :-)
Having said that am not a huge fan of stereotypes. How "independent" you are depends on your upbringing, circumstances and personality.
And that's what we have here where practically every middle or even lower class household has a maid on board with parents/children obsessively focused at their work or education.
As an Asian independent woman who knows how to cook, I can vouch for this :P

Hugo_R
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009
Location: Montreal

Postby Hugo_R » Tue, 05 Jan 2010 7:18 am

Well, people who would move to another country are likely to at least be somewhat more independent compared to their home-country's average. So the Europeans, like the americans and the australians, in Singapore may be more likely to know how to cook than the average of other Europeans.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest