Singapore Expats Forum

Wonder if it's unusal

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

itzu

Wonder if it's unusal

Postby itzu » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 1:24 am

I know a few countries see graffiti as an art... however I wonder what happens if it happens in Singapore.

Does the government come down hard on these so-called artist?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UexQdMa-xU

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 6:42 am

Yes. Unless it's a government approved or sponsored graffiti painting location.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 7:01 am

if only michael p. fay is here, he can tell you personally what happened.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:42 pm

Time to revive this thread?

This Fricker guy, Its like you are visiting a house and all over the outside are red warning notices saying "You will be beaten if you press the red door bell". Friends tell you you will be beaten if you press the door bell, you even know of a kid who was severely beaten after pressing the red door bell. What does this guy do....? and he is now a bit surprised with the outcome!!

Its will be a political hot potato with the Youth games just around the corner, last thing Singapore needs are international countries boycotting the games if they go down the caning route which is a contravention of Article 3 in the European Convention on Human Rights. Its election year and Govt has to show the people it will not shy away from spanking a white bottom.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:53 pm

While I'm in favor of artistic expression, give this guy a good whoopin'. Sure, one may argue that the law can be draconian or against international treaties and I may agree with these, but this guy has access to knowledge to the consequences of his actions. It's like what QRM said.

Knowing the consequences and doing something anyway because you can handle it is brave. Like that Malaysian Muslim model who even wanted to be caned in public for imbibing alcohol.

Knowing the consequences and doing something anyway and be surprised that you got yourself in trouble is just stupid.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 2:26 pm

nakatago wrote:While I'm in favor of artistic expression, give this guy a good whoopin'. Sure, one may argue that the law can be draconian or against international treaties and I may agree with these, but this guy has access to knowledge to the consequences of his actions. It's like what QRM said.

Knowing the consequences and doing something anyway because you can handle it is brave. Like that Malaysian Muslim model who even wanted to be caned in public for imbibing alcohol.

Nakatago : It is an Indonesian Model married to a Malaysian. Yes she was caught drinking alcohol. She deserves it.
Apparently she is being paid in Indonesia Paper to get it done in the public. Slimy very slimy

Knowing the consequences and doing something anyway and be surprised that you got yourself in trouble is just stupid.

Yes , I agree with you guys, but Michael P Fay got paid after the canning for his story. More slimy very slimy
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 3:55 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
nakatago wrote:While I'm in favor of artistic expression, give this guy a good whoopin'. Sure, one may argue that the law can be draconian or against international treaties and I may agree with these, but this guy has access to knowledge to the consequences of his actions. It's like what QRM said.

Nakatago : It is an Indonesian Model married to a Malaysian. Yes she was caught drinking alcohol. She deserves it.
Apparently she is being paid in Indonesia Paper to get it done in the public. Slimy very slimy

Yes , I agree with you guys, but Michael P Fay got paid after the canning for his story. More slimy very slimy

Well, at least she'd still go with it.

But true, being paid for these things? That is slimy. :x :x :x :x :x :x

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 4:13 pm

Actually, in Michael Fay's case, it was only fair as the justice meted out here was lopsided with the Honky getting off easier on the appeals/clemency granted by the president. Michael's original caning sentence was reduced by one third while the Honky's was reduced by 50%. I always wondered why the Honky's was reduced by both a higher percentage and number of strokes. Wouldn't have had anything to do with his ethnicity would it? :-|

mayaray
Regular
Regular

Postby mayaray » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 4:35 pm

i wonder what's happened to michael fay since.

This swiss guy is an idiot. Surprised he's 32 and still acting like a rash youth.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 4:40 pm

I'm wondering if it the same guy that was on here about a year ago trying to find graffiti spraying apparatus/cans/nozzles. Gonna have to do a search & see I guess......

QRM
Manager
Manager

Re: .

Postby QRM » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 4:43 pm

mayaray wrote:i wonder what's happened to michael fay since.

This swiss guy is an idiot. Surprised he's 32 and still acting like a rash youth.

hey I am 45 and often act like a rash youth :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 4:49 pm

Wonder if it was "Angry Ang Mo"?

ftopic55745.html

Plavt

Re: .

Postby Plavt » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 5:18 pm

mayaray wrote:i wonder what's happened to michael fay since.

Michael Fay has since been arrested for drug offences in his home country. As for somebody acting like an idiot, age often has little to do with it. There are plenty of people much older who still act like teenagers - had to work with plenty..........

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 5:27 pm

dont do the crime if you cant do the time.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 07 Jun 2010 6:05 pm

wait. switzerland has always been a neutral country right? i.e. they never get involved. will they bother with this one? :D

*with apologies to our swiss friends. it's just a joke. peace!