Singapore Expats Forum

Waiting for PR Result

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
milleplateaux

Waiting for PR Result

Postby milleplateaux » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 5:43 pm

Hi,

I have applied PR 7 months ago and it is still "under process". Although the longest we have seen around us, waiting time was not a big deal because we are already living here 3 years with EP and DP. But now I am in a weird situation.

My company got a project in Europe and they plan to send me there for 3-4 months to implement the project and come back. This is not uncommon in my job, first time I came here I was assigned here from Europe and I stayed here 6 months before going back. My problem now is pending PR application:

1) How does ICA call you for a meeting? Phone or mail?

2) If I am called for a meeting to when they arrange a meeting? 1 week later? Finding a ticket to come back here just for meeting will be a burden.

3) If PR is approved, how long can I wait to collect it? ICA says 2 months, but some told me more than that.

Can you share your experience with me? I am afraid of missing ICA calls because I will not be here for a couple of months. It will cost me a lot to just fly back and fort for a meeting (PR is personal and my company already told me that they will not pay for the flights) and then collecting approved PR (if it is approved) and just 2 way flight takes 30 hours!

Can I call ICA and ask them to speed up the processing so it is approved until I go to Europe? :D

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:33 am