Singapore Expats Forum

Philosophical discourses

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
krishie

Philosophical discourses

Postby krishie » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 3:10 am

Anyone interested in philosophical discourses?

Interested in exchanging comparative perspectives and etc or basically just yak! But not too much mindless yak! :wink:

Over cigars, cocktails or coffee. :)

Cheers!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 1:25 pm

Let me guess... you were dropped by your girlfriend and now you want to have these philosophical ...intercourses... with other people, right?

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 4:39 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Let me guess... you were dropped by your girlfriend and now you want to have these philosophical ...intercourses... with other people, right?

muscles that have evolved into brains are scary! the ability to make such brilliant and logical deduction based on the mere evidence of four lines of posting, an icon, and a nickname! excellent!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 4:52 pm

mauvecloud, so it is you - his ex-girlfriend???

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 5:12 pm

Sergei82 wrote:mauvecloud, so it is you - his ex-girlfriend???

again, brilliant deduction, muscles!

(don't strain the muscles, er i mean the brain too much. you only have so much of it...)

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 5:25 pm

Yes, mauvecloud, thank you for your remarks and compliments.
I see, without knowing anything about me, you already determined my intellectual abilities, and, obviously, put yours at lower position. Otherwise, I don't understand why you are spending your precious time and efforts trying to prove something to ... muscles with legs. Unless you have doubts about yourself and want to prove something to yourself at my cost.

You'd better read uncle Freud, find a bf and have sex with him, not with people you know nothing about in form of altercations (call it as you wish) on this forum.

P.S... I wonder, am I talking to a dog or a pig? :D I prefer to think, it's just a nice lady who had a bad day, so let's not continue our... philosophical discourse.

krishie

Postby krishie » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 7:40 pm

Sergie, obviously by the very connotation and tone of your post, I sense a rather severe need for you to attempt to sound intellectual. I understand you trying to compensate, however my friend, this is one muscle that cannot expand by a mere physical act.

Thus, philosophy, the true query and quest for knowledge is of such paramount importance to me. I dwell on ideologies not steroids :)

I am interested in hearing thoughts and ideas on epistemology for a book I am writing. Would like to hear from anyone and everyone. If you dont have anything intelligent to write, please idle amongst the various other threads that beacon for such mindless attention.

And finally, Sergie if you do have the capacity, I humbly would ask you to sit with me over a cigar and I promise to strech that one muscle within you thats been negelected forever.

Cheers!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 2:50 pm

krishie, forgive me if I offended you by my post, but you should understand the very nature of the post if somebody writes you what I wrote. The subject I'm more interested in, though is psychology, particularly transactional analysis and it's implications (life gave me a couple of grave lessons). If you're interested, we can combine epistemology with psychology some time later. :)

P.S.: Guys, why you think my avatar has something to do with me in real? Does this mean I'm talking to a piggydog and robot made of metal?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 3:33 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
P.S.: Guys, why you think my avatar has something to do with me in real? Does this mean I'm talking to a piggydog and robot made of metal?

And with that, Sergei, imitating Tiger (in some respects), scores a perfect hole in one. Beautiful shot Sergie82! Funny how 'tars can confuse even the most brilliant of us (at least they think they're brilliant). =D>

Of course, if they were that brilliant, they wouldn't still be smoking would they! :-|

cwb888777

Postby cwb888777 » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 10:58 pm

Hey-

I was a Philosophy major in college and would love to have a chat. There is a great cigar lounge in Chinatown which would be a great place to meet. Let me know if you are interested.

Chris

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 10:56 am

- Why do you need head?
- I put food inside it!

romulus_82

Postby romulus_82 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:13 pm

Sergei82 wrote:- Why do you need head?
- I put food inside it!

For yourself or for Others ?

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 12:40 pm

You've watched too many horror movies, romulus_82!

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”