Singapore Expats Forum

Power naps

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

How much would you be willing to pay for the 1st hour to sleep on a proper air-conditioned enclosed bed (complete privacy), think spa-like type of setting?

I will not pay to take a nap
40%
<=S$4
10%
S$6
30%
S$8
20%
>=S$10
No votes

Total votes: 10

michelim

Power naps

Postby michelim » Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:56 am

Hi,

Wanted to find out if you have ever wished you could take a 1 or 2 hour nap in betweeen the day at work (e.g. your boss is not around, you are very free at work or you really need a nap to recharge).

How much would you be willing to pay for the first hour to sleep on a proper air-conditioned enclosed bed (complete privacy), think spa-like type of setting? Assume the per hour rate declines as you nap for more hours.

Wanted to know if such a concept can take off in Singapore (targeting CBD area professionals).

Thanks! :)[/b]

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 30 Dec 2009 2:09 am

i got my own casting couch in my office, so i am getting paid for sleeping in the office, not the other way round.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 30 Dec 2009 1:13 pm

I wake up from naps in a grumpy mood . . . banned from napping and have only done so maybe a handful of times in my adult life.

Nope, sorry

'nuff said Image

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Wed, 30 Dec 2009 2:51 pm

I am all for it. Naps are a great way to boost productivity and hopefully workplaces will start to incorporate them into the employees schedule i.e. pay for it.

My girlfriend told me back in Taiwan, her company allowed for nap time and the lights would be switched off for employess to catch some zzzzzz's. It is common practice over there.

The duration of the nap is critical. It should either be 25 or 90 mins. It has to be short enough to prevent a person from entering deep sleep cycle so you wake up refreshed or it has to be long enough to allow for a complete sleep cycle so you don't wake up groggy.

mrHomeLook

Postby mrHomeLook » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:34 am

this is actually kinda cool. ppl will be able to get the needed rest to get thru the day. this would surely increase efficiency and overall wellness of staff. better yet, get this 'nap area' to be in the office itself. bring the home to the office
MR HomeLook

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:59 am

mrHomeLook wrote:this is actually kinda cool. ppl will be able to get the needed rest to get thru the day. this would surely increase efficiency and overall wellness of staff. better yet, get this 'nap area' to be in the office itself. bring the home to the office

Doesn't seem to increase efficiency in most of the offices here. Or if it does, based on the numbers of sleepers I see in local offices, efficiency must really suck when they don't get their after-lunch naps. :o :P