Singapore Expats

Complain about Agents/House Owner

Events and gatherings of MBA - Members Of Bhartiya Association
ckvkarma
Chatter
Chatter

Complain about Agents/House Owner

Post by ckvkarma » Fri, 25 Dec 2009 9:11 am

Does anyone know where and how to complain about Agent/House owner, and can take "real" action against him?

One of my friends was supposed to shift to a HDB house and gave 1.5 month of advance to Agent (who is the owner also). And that bugger keeps on shifting the moving in date for some or other reason- and not at all telling the clear date. Finally he said ok to return back the money, however that too he keeps on telling this time that time, I have to arrange money etc.

I want to really screw such agents, and their nonsense behavior.

We have the signed receipt from him for 1.5 month of advance and a contract document (however no stamping from HDB).

pls let me know what and how strong action we can take, and how to get the money back from him. Considering the fact that my friend lease at current place is finishing up this Sunday, and this bugger didn tell till y'day evening about this when we landed to see the house readiness, so its really pissing me off because due to long weekend offices are closed to renew the lease or complain.. :mad:

thanks
-ck
[SIMPLE-SENSE. ZERO-SCIENCE]

mordecai

CASE

Post by mordecai » Fri, 25 Dec 2009 10:08 am

you can lodge a complaint with CASE (Consumers Association of Singapore)

http://www.case.org.sg/making_a_complaint.html

good luck!

kingajit
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Complain about Agents/House Owner

Post by kingajit » Fri, 25 Dec 2009 10:47 am

ckvkarma wrote:Does anyone know where and how to complain about Agent/House owner, and can take "real" action against him?

One of my friends was supposed to shift to a HDB house and gave 1.5 month of advance to Agent (who is the owner also). And that bugger keeps on shifting the moving in date for some or other reason- and not at all telling the clear date. Finally he said ok to return back the money, however that too he keeps on telling this time that time, I have to arrange money etc.

I want to really screw such agents, and their nonsense behavior.

We have the signed receipt from him for 1.5 month of advance and a contract document (however no stamping from HDB).

pls let me know what and how strong action we can take, and how to get the money back from him. Considering the fact that my friend lease at current place is finishing up this Sunday, and this bugger didn tell till y'day evening about this when we landed to see the house readiness, so its really pissing me off because due to long weekend offices are closed to renew the lease or complain.. :mad:

thanks
-ck
Chand,
Kyu pareshaan kar rahe ho bechare agent ko.....christmas gift samaj ke useh maaf kardo :P
its going to be a slow process., yaar...and the agents know it, Hopefully its a registered agent , else you are wasting your time.
My friend had a similar problem and he went to :
Small Claims Tribunals
http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/sct/index.aspx

you will need the details like IC number, registration number of the agent etc.,...but it takes time. Be prepared to exercise a lot of patience.
Eventually my friend got the money but almost after a year, it was discovered that the agent had a gambling problem and many people were affected.

So there could be a pattern and you guys may not be the only ones who fell for such kind of a scam run by the agent.
Wish u guys luck on the above. My heartfelt sympathies for ur friend, I wish he recovers his money
Warm rgds
Ajit

Amit Ram
Regular
Regular

Post by Amit Ram » Mon, 28 Dec 2009 6:40 am

no worries ya , just make a police report and write in to the straits times forum also that whichever agency he is from am sure you have his namecard right .. go online and write in to that company, or you may even call and complain.

Immediate actions will be taken, this is Singapore so need not worry, you might have to worry if you face a similar situation in Malaysia or Indonesia

All it takes is 1hr of effort to shatter the agent, such activities are never tolerated here not to worry .

ckvkarma
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ckvkarma » Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:07 am

after trying and wasting our time to followup with this guy over Christmas long weekend and screwing our whole time, we ended up filing a police report- there again this bugger in front of police committed to return the money after 2 days, and we informed to police file that if he doesn't fulfill his commitment this time, we will go to court..

and after 2 days, again this bugger didn't turn up- police said- they can't do anything we need to go to court! Okay- we done that as well, wasted some more money and time to go to court and get a date 2 weeks later... but before the date, police called my friend.. and told that this guy has a history of cheating people and is bankrupt! Right now he is in jail, and according to SG law, court can't sell the house to pay his debt- they can't sell the house...

Now my question to SG law is.. ok don't bring him to footpath by selling his house.. but why u need to keep him in 5 room HDB when he is bankrupt.. sell his house give him one room JTC flat and pay the people he has cheated...

not sure what to do now.. seems more waste of money and time while making rounds of court etc..

more so.. while taking the statement police demotivated by telling that you may no get the money back in this case....wtf :x

any suggestion?

Amit Ram
Regular
Regular

Post by Amit Ram » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:50 am

the agent, Chinese , Indian or Malay ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 7:00 am

Amit Ram wrote:the agent, Chinese , Indian or Malay ?
Is it relevant? Or are you related to revhappy and see racism/victim at every turn? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ckvkarma
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ckvkarma » Wed, 27 Jan 2010 9:34 pm

Yes, I need suggestion irrespective of race of Agent. If it does help in anyway, please let me know.

dalapati

indian ambassy

Post by dalapati » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 4:17 pm

go to first singapore police..take a letter that they can't do anything..then go to the indian ambassy....after that you go to the mediacrop centre...we also face a same problem

SingLife

Post by SingLife » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 1:35 pm

teen patti ji,
I think finding an Indian 'ambassy' and a 'mediacrop' centre will be quite difficult to find here in Sg.

but before that I dunno you'll get a letter from Singapore Police on their letterhead "Sorry we can't do anything about it".

ckvkarma
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ckvkarma » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:10 pm

Then owner is now serving jail as I know last. he had some past record of cheating. now police says, that we can't to anything to recover the money.

Jing Hsueh

Complaint

Post by Jing Hsueh » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 5:25 pm

Bought a bmw 325 from kruise auto from megamart 3 months ago
Warranty by optima werkz

After 1 month the start to have some issue, called kruise auto they ask me to sent to optima werkz.
Sent in immediately and was handle by Sky after few hours of checking they called me up and tell me the parts damage is not under warranty and requires to pay.
Reluctantly we proceed and I paid
1 month later the car have similar problem. Called kruise auto again and they ask me to go back optima. So no choice since my car is under the warranty I have to go back if not the warranty will be void.

I went back look for sky and he immediately told me its wear and tear not covered under warranty

I was pissed off cos he have not even checked
So I ask him to check what is wrong and let me know
7 hours later they called me up to pick up the car so I went
And was slap with a $1800 bills
I argue with sky as he have not quoted me and go ahead with the repair
I refuse to pay and he threaten not to release the car. We argue for 20 mins and he told me " since you drive a bmw and got no money to pay then out of good will I will discount $300 for you"
I was very angry I went to the counter paid the full sums $1800 and I went off
Its not about the money but its the principle.
I called kruise auto to complaint about the issue and I want to change warranty company but I was brush away by the sales manager

I know I have bought a lemon and now I understand how this whole deals work

Maybe it just that I'm very fussy
But I feel I should tell you guys and you guys can gauge if its me or its the dealer or if its the workshop

Hope you guys dun encounter anything like me when u buy a car

candelaria

Post by candelaria » Tue, 13 Aug 2019 9:02 am

I would like to report the following agent for inappropriate behaviour:

Patrick Poh 傅靖尰
District 9,10,11.
Head Business Unit of
KF PROP NETWORK PTE LTD
CEA Licence No.:
L3008430D / R006149F

I believe he racially profiles potential tenants. How is this even legal in Singapore?

Please advice

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 13 Aug 2019 9:49 am

Speak to the CEA.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Tue, 13 Aug 2019 12:22 pm

candelaria wrote:I would like to report the following agent for inappropriate behaviour:

Patrick Poh 傅靖尰
District 9,10,11.
Head Business Unit of
KF PROP NETWORK PTE LTD
CEA Licence No.:
L3008430D / R006149F

I believe he racially profiles potential tenants. How is this even legal in Singapore?

Please advice
Sometime, it is the landlord dont prefer particular race due to past bad experience.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk