Singapore Expats Forum

PR for spouse rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
annayoh

PR for spouse rejected

Postby annayoh » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:50 pm

Hi All,

I am holidng PR status in Singapore (Which was granted June 2009) and got married in Singapore September 2009. I applied PR for my wife in November and got the rejection letter in December. No detailed reason is stated in the letter.

Would like to ask fellow members here, what are the chances of success if I try to re-appeal?
Also my wife was offered an S Pass by a company that Interviewed her. If she decided to take it, will it affect the appeal?

Thanks much!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Re: PR for spouse rejected

Postby revhappy » Thu, 24 Dec 2009 9:32 am

annayoh wrote:Hi All,

I am holidng PR status in Singapore (Which was granted June 2009) and got married in Singapore September 2009. I applied PR for my wife in November and got the rejection letter in December. No detailed reason is stated in the letter.

Would like to ask fellow members here, what are the chances of success if I try to re-appeal?
Also my wife was offered an S Pass by a company that Interviewed her. If she decided to take it, will it affect the appeal?

Thanks much!

What do you mean chances of success if you re-appeal? The outcome will be the same if it is a person evaluating it on the basis of requirements being met. If somebody was tossing a coin to see if its a heads or tails there are chances of success.

I would suggest stay here for a year and then apply again. The S Pass and 1 year of work exp should help.

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Postby xtasy010 » Thu, 24 Dec 2009 9:55 am

From what i have read on this forum it appears that if the PR holder has a low salary or you and your spouse are not of the same race and the marriage is very recent then chances of rejection are higher.

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Postby gonzales » Mon, 28 Dec 2009 2:36 pm

take a job & re apply in one year, a letter of support from employer is helpful.

Also try joining local groups & cite that on your application, it demonstrates an effort at integration & rightly so.

good luck.

arivu21

can i have any formate for letter of support

Postby arivu21 » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 8:47 am

:shock:
anyone can give me the formate for letter of support from the employer to apply PR

sundaymorningstaple

Re: can i have any formate for letter of support

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 9:13 am

arivu21 wrote::shock:
anyone can give me the formate for letter of support from the employer to apply PR

http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... Form4A.pdf