Singapore Expats

hotel near gul road

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
bex_140

hotel near gul road

Post by bex_140 » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:49 pm

Hi There

Hopefully someone can help me! I am coming out to Singapore to join my boyfriend - he is working in a ship yard at Gul Road. I will need to stay in a hotel for around 10 days before we head off traveling for a bit. I am ideally looking for a hotel near or with easy access to my boyfriends work. Any suggestions?

When looking online the majority of hotels are in/around the city centre, which makes sense - i doubt many people feel the need to stay near a ship yard!?

any help would really be appreciated.
thanks
Rebecca

adven7

Post by adven7 » Sun, 27 Dec 2009 10:29 pm

Gul road are located in an industrial area, don;t think there is any hotel around that area.

blued3838

Post by blued3838 » Thu, 31 Dec 2009 5:32 pm

Try searching google with keywords like ''boon lay hotel'' ''jurong hotel'' Gul is located in the far west of Singapore Island and it is a mainly industrial area, so it's quite hard to find a hotel over there. But try google those keywords and you may be lucky. Remember to google under pages from Singapore or you could try Yahoo too.

I just did a search on google, I think there isnt any hotel around Jurong or Boon Lay, but I found one at Pasir Panjang which is probably about 15 mins drive away from Gul. It's Pasir Panjang Inn, dont know about this Inn, just saw it on the net. You might like to consider it, or find out more about it before making a decision.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Fri, 01 Jan 2010 7:08 pm

blued3838 wrote: I just did a search on google, I think there isnt any hotel around Jurong or Boon Lay, but I found one at Pasir Panjang which is probably about 15 mins drive away from Gul. It's Pasir Panjang Inn, dont know about this Inn, just saw it on the net. You might like to consider it, or find out more about it before making a decision.

I think there is a Fragrance Hotel just next door to that and another calle Sea View (with no view) but to be honest since it is still 15-20min away by taxi it is better to stay ~30min away and closer to town. The extra 10-15min won't make a difference in travel time but it will make a big difference to nightlife, eating, flexibility and comfort.