Singapore Expats Forum

Rejected S Pass followed by Student Pass Application

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

firnasz

Rejected S Pass followed by Student Pass Application

Postby firnasz » Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:02 pm

As mentioned in the title of this thread, during this year two of my S Pass Applications for two different companies got rejected. I have a degree and 2 years relevant experience and I'm from Sri Lanka. Since I could not enter into Singapore with S Pass, I would like to do my higher studies in Singapore next year.

My question is, will there be a problem to my Student Pass application since there were 2 rejected S Pass application of mine?

Replies highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

wcs
Chatter
Chatter

Postby wcs » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 2:51 am

Usually you apply to the university first. Once the uni makes you an offer and you accept it, then you apply for the student pass. In some cases your uni may do this on your behalf, or assist you with it.

If you have been accepted by NUS, NTU, or SMU then you will probably have few difficulties getting a student pass.

There are also a lot of private colleges, but I have not studied in them. My classmate did and he was from Bangladesh, which he claims is one of the worst passports to travel on! So you probably still stand a good chance.

Good Luck! :)

firnasz

Postby firnasz » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks WCS. I've applied to NTU and planning to apply private colleges as well.

BTW, may I know why I probably have difficulties getting a student pass if I have been accepted by NTU, NUS ??

Are all or at least few private colleges recognized as same way as state unis in Singapore?

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Tue, 22 Dec 2009 7:55 pm

firnasz wrote:BTW, may I know why I probably have difficulties getting a student pass if I have been accepted by NTU, NUS ??

you might want to re-read:

wcs wrote:If you have been accepted by NUS, NTU, or SMU then you will probably have few difficulties getting a student pass.

the same probably applies for the other reputable schools (INSEAD, Chicago GSB, etc)
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

firnasz

Postby firnasz » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:40 am

Ok. I'm sorry I didn't notice "few".

But is that mean, there is few amount of difficulty due to the rejected S Pass?
Or is it because of State unis applied student Pass.

My question is, Are there any relationships between Student Pass application and previous S pass applications? Is the rejected S pass negatively affects a Student Pass application?

Thanks for replies buddies.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Dec 2009 6:52 am

And that, my friends, it the problem with non-native speaking English folks.

It means, that you shouldn't have any problems (but doesn't mean it couldn't happen) so, 'you should have (very) few problems (if any). :roll:

As far as one affecting the other is concerned, each is considered on it's own merits. One is for studying, the other is for working. Two different things.

firnasz

Postby firnasz » Fri, 25 Dec 2009 1:24 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And that, my friends, it the problem with non-native speaking English folks.

It means, that you shouldn't have any problems (but doesn't mean it couldn't happen) so, 'you should have (very) few problems (if any). :roll:

As far as one affecting the other is concerned, each is considered on it's own merits. One is for studying, the other is for working. Two different things.

Thanks friend. :)