Singapore Expats Forum

It's that time of the year to wish you all . . .

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

It's that time of the year to wish you all . . .

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 3:55 pm

Yes, it is that time of year again where we take stock of days past and hope that the next year will be better, nicer, smoother . . . with all the trappings of fun we've had on our little forum . . . our home away from home.

So, in the name of some of our SExpat mods and valuable contributors . . .

Our old man of the sea, SMS, rowing out into the wild blue yonder on his 403rd birthday . . . a cantankerous, cranky yet humorous fountain of knowledge. Between his bouts of gout and losing 163kg he has remained a sweetheart here . . . of sorts

Our very on Bobbsy-Twins Bafana and Jpatokal . . . ready to take up arms in their battle to keep this site free of miscreants, misogynists and malingerers. No issue is too small for these two crusaders of what is good and right in this world . . . no cause too irrelevant when the purveyors of integrity sink their teeth into it . . . while one chews on his PhD and the other learns English to post on Youtube . . . they keep us safe from those that wish us harm!

Durain, who still hasn't found out that it is spelled DURIAN!!!!

Sing07, in his never-ending quest in coming out of the closet after his bum-chum left him for another man, whose reading and comprehension ability is right up there with Frosty the Snowman and the Incredible Hulk in his tight shorts . . . Thank you, Sing07, for your valuable input in these trying times

Bigfilsing, who proves time and again that even Neanderthals exist in Singapore . . . his wisdom and modern thinking have helped many see the light on such enlightening issues such as verbal eloquence and tender empathy. White is Right and Might is White, the big F proves that a mono-brow doesn't only look good on Brooke Shields.

A recidivist when it comes to living o the little red dot . . . who had the tough choice of spending his time in a mangy, cold town overrun by thugs . . . and this tropical ray of sunshine . . . he is at his most coherent before 5pm on a Friday afternoon. Welcome home, Saint!

Who can forget the legions of our friends from the subcontinent, regaling us with stories of untold fraught (Horror of horrors) they experience when not receiving the due respect they deserve when confronted with nasty Audi care salesmen, ungrateful condo-inhabitants and ruthless taxi drivers. We thank you for making us see how lucky we really are!

Speaking of a whole group of people we need to thank: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery contributors . . . you people make us realise how plastic is now part and parcel of our daily lives. You give us joy with those straight noses, double-eyelids, tucked tummies and lifted tushes! We salute you!

Can anyone be sweet as honey? Vbelle certainly has shown us that having an opinion does not make us opinionated! My vote for bright light of 2009!

Our resident superhero, SGBoyxxx . . . who stands almost alone in trying to explain the idiosyncrasies that make up our chosen new home. Kudos to you, mate, in keeping on keeping on while a tsunami of hogwash descends upon you daily.

Coffe, Tea or . . . Me? Another thread worth its weight in gold, lol lol lol. Y izzit dat SQ kenna tahan sacr on face or crukked teeth, lah. lol lol lol. Much enjoyment is had rifling through these pages, reading about lovely lasses and lads wishing to fulfil their life's ambition of pushing trolleys down aisles, cleaning toilets and washing up vomit left by drunk English guys on their way to Phuket!
Contributors to the Airline Careers section, . . . may you fly high and join the mile high club, ably assisted by our very own Plavt, the Kindergarten nanny to this thread.

Strong Eagle, the power, the might, the walking, talking almanac . . . what would we do without him to guide us through the wilderness of Singaporean red tape . . .

When oil needs to be poured to calm the waters or children need to be kept in line or one's top needs to blow . . . there's one person to turn to. Our knight in shining armour, our Mr. clean of the forum world . . . Plavt!

Every forum needs a queen . . . and I'm not talking about the Sing07 raving queen, rather the old maid of the forum . . . who has been beenhere37years and calls 'JACKASS' on all and sundry. A shrinking violet who never raises her voice and is at all times in charge of the place. Hello road.not.taken . . .

Which forum doesn't have one . . . and don't we all appreciate the self-deprecating posts . . . whether it is explaining her need to have a whole table to herself at a food court or who laments the self-indulgent neigbhour's yapping dogs . . . a real sweetheart and a true ambassador to the Land Down Under . . . we can reveal why she needs a whole table to herself and what lies behind the disappearance of those dogs . . . Happy New Year Ozchick!

And from me, I can say . . . .

Image Image Image

'nuff said Image

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dazzlebabe » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 4:10 pm

Too much time on your hands.....

Happy Holidays!
Just me

DazzleBabe

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 4:27 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
A recidivist when it comes to living o the little red dot . . . who had the tough choice of spending his time in a mangy, cold town overrun by thugs . . . and this tropical ray of sunshine . . . he is at his most coherent before 5pm on a Friday afternoon. Welcome home, Saint!

That is actually very funny as we are currently back in the UK for Christmas and I'm off out on the town tonight in 'thugville'

One thingbeing back here is that i'm suffering big time with the cold weather!

Merry Christmas to you Mr V and the family!

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 4:29 pm

its a nice one :)
and no one left out!
Thanks Vaucluse..

Have a Merry Christmas..and a Happy New Year!

all the best in the upcoming year...keep light up the forum :)

OMG..i've been living in SG for 8 months! and about to have my first xmas here:)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 4:35 pm

And as another year draws to a close, V. has loosed his acerbic wit on us once again. Another winner!

Good job, mate. :cool:

Merry Xmas to you and yours.....

(I almost typed 'up' yours)

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 5:12 pm

Laugh? Cry? Vomit?

Nah...

:kiss:
Mistletoe or not, here's a smooch!

macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby macaroonie » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 6:03 pm

Merry christmas everyone! Thanks to all the moderators for their wonderful support and advice! :)

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 6:17 pm

excellent v :) :D.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 8:08 pm

Bravo!! =D>

Very witty and extremely funny, Mr V.

All the best to you and yours for 2010!
One man's meat is another's poison.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 8:50 pm

:lol: Merry Christmas Mr V and too all forum members. let's hope 2010 turns out better.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 8:58 pm

Thanks so much, Vaucluse... great post and much appreciated.

SGBoyxxx
Chatter
Chatter

Postby SGBoyxxx » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:01 am

:shock: lol I was mention too ....

Merry christmas and a Happy New Year to all

be it you are an expats , PR , Locals..blah blah

happy staying in Singapore a "FINE" country :lol:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:01 pm

dazzlebabe wrote:
Too much time on your hands.....

It's a tradition . . . Happy Holidays, stay well

saint wrote:
Merry Christmas to you Mr V and the family!

Thanks, mate. Remember, Liverpool kisses are not . . . kisses! :)

vbelle wrote:
OMG..i've been living in SG for 8 months! and about to have my first xmas here:)

Try not to slip on the ice in Bukit Timah . . . a very high Bukit!!

SMS wrote:
Merry Xmas to you and yours.....

(I almost typed 'up' yours)

Thanks, mate . . . almost? :lol:

road.not.taken wrote:
Mistletoe or not, here's a smooch!

:oops: I so shy one orredy! Thanks, Ma'am! All the best to hubby and the kids!

durian wrote:
excellent v

:)

Global Citizen wrote:
Very witty and extremely funny, Mr V.

The only reasons my wife loves me . . . will you be freezing or beaching it this year?

Plavt wrote:
Merry Christmas Mr V and too all forum members. let's hope 2010 turns out better.

Thanks, mate . . . can 2010 be worse? :-|

Strong Eagle
wrote:
much appreciated.

Pleasure . . . I do know that (most) of you guys spend too much time here helping others out . . . and tolerating me! Lock and load, mate

SGBoyxxx wrote:
happy staying in Singapore a "FINE" country Laughing

One of the finest! :D

'nuff said Image

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 2:29 pm

Merry X mas all and everyone and a happy new year from Taiwan, really cold here just now!

Stopped the vinegar drinking 3 months ago and took to Mr Baron, now suffering overweight and high uric acid, so I'm back on the vinegar and off the booze for a while! Bloody hell, didn't expect gout to hit both shoulder joints, wrists and fingers :cry: can't even work out in the bedroom now!

I'll be back as Arnold says! :lol: Bangkok was nice, I've been landing at the airport every year for the last 9, and never bothered to explore until last week, had a great time!

Hope to wet the whistle with the gang on my return!!

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:07 am

Your still a self righteous pain in the ass butt we love you too mate. Merry Christmas.
Be Like Water