Singapore Expats

jOB in logistics ..90k p.a.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

jOB in logistics ..90k p.a.

Post by GUEST » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 4:23 pm

Hi folks,
I have got a job offer in Singapore worth SGD 90k p.a.... in an MNC, as an internal consultant (basically an analyst role)... Am an MBA(from a renowned insti) with approx 6 yrs of exp...
How wud u say the salary fits in with my credentials?
Looking for responses from the experts here.

Kindly share ur views.

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Post by briceloh » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 7:37 pm

it's not bad, at least for a start. try to use this as your step board for future employments, if this doesn't suits u.

little goose

Post by little goose » Sun, 24 Oct 2004 1:45 pm

in spore...the turnover rate is quite high to change job to a different firm cuz of high activity of headhunters. use this environment. i would not be surprised if you salary has increased 40% over the next few years if u become a target of the headhunters.

happygolucky

Post by happygolucky » Sun, 24 Oct 2004 5:24 pm

if 90K is without the variable component, then it is really great, meaning u still hv upside based on company's performance!

Important is to work for a progressive and reputable company that has a good reward system, then yr growth is assured as well. No point getting only a high salary initially and never have a single increment for the next 5 years!!

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Post by briceloh » Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:06 pm

bah, what's the point of getting annual increment with lousy initial pay. the thing is, everything must add up to what u want. the reward system is definitely good, but it must justify to pay u for your service! dnt get into some crappy company with lousy NPVP an AVP, just because they assure u "growth". just be sure u know what u want. it's all just talk here, cause we really don't knw what u want and your plans for your future. there are just too many things to take into account when looking for a good job with good pay like yours. :wink:

happygolucky

Post by happygolucky » Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:22 am

Excuse me...brice...we already agreed that 90K is a good initial salary...and I don't think we are talking about different things. No one is asking him to drop his offer but he just need to further ensure all the blah blah blah that you have just repeated after me but in a more negative tone. And how can u be so sure about the reward system is definitely good, are u his potential boss trying to lure him into the job? Obviously not! so please...don't assume wrongly..... btw, any reward system includes the boss in the system. you cannot have a lousy boss and expect a good reward system.....so your view is a little hmmmm.........

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Post by briceloh » Mon, 25 Oct 2004 7:41 pm

u r rite, i'm not sure who am i talking to now....hmm.....

Post by Guest » Tue, 26 Oct 2004 5:36 am

The salary seems okay for someone with 6 years experience- which university did you go to? My situation: I have about 10 years of experience, just accepted an offer of 175,000 pa + rent

HaPpYgOlUcKy

Post by HaPpYgOlUcKy » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:28 pm

Frankly Brice and Little Goose dont know what the hell they are talking about. Its all very well for them to spout forth about things that dont affect them directly, but this is a big decision for you.

If they cant give objective and well reasoned advice, well maybe THEY should just shut their fat mouths.

Take my advice, dont take advice from charlatons like these two.

Drop me your contact details and we'll talk in person without OTHERS eavesdropping and snooping :x

HaPpYgOlUcKy Original

Post by HaPpYgOlUcKy Original » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 2:56 pm

Hello pirated HaPpYgOlUcKy,

Fan of Imitation .......get original please....

HaPpYgOlUcKy Original