Singapore Expats Forum

Barking mad

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 1:50 pm

mondaymorningquarterback wrote:Not necessary true. Dogs bark thats what they do, esp small ones. I have had problems with my neighbours before and everytime I speak with the security chief he says its out of his hands. I had a next door neighbour burning hell money at the lift lobby apparently for years before I moved in and nothing was done about that until I contacted the NEA and it stopped immediately. They took it quite seriously.
Maybe your condo's security are as lazy as mine you just have to motivate them.

Exactly. Dogs bark. It's what they do. Ours has a garden, when people walk past he barks. It's what they do.

Lots of this forum's members whine . . . it's what they do.

Had the same with the 'spirit money' when we were living in a condo . . . one complaint from us and it stopped.

Maybe it is the approach, Ozchick

Oh, and thank you for giving all Australians such a good name! :-|

'nuff said Image

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby dazzlebabe » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 4:55 pm

mondaymorningquarterback wrote:Not necessary true. Dogs bark thats what they do, esp small ones.

Ok, maybe it's not clear enough. But I did say that if a dog is barking all the time the something is wrong. (helllooo... anyone followed "Lassie"???)

Oh well, I am inmune to animal noises. My condo is full of them -> birds, dogs, party animals.
Just me

DazzleBabe

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 5:29 pm

I got damned Jack Russells next door, two screaming brats on the other side, one old man who walks around the estate howling like a coyote all hours of the night, drag racers (cars & bikes) on Yio Chu Kang Road and a karaoke downstairs and you're complaining! :o

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 5:51 pm

I got a baby bawling right outside my room, damned motorbikes downstairs and their crackling engines at 2am, the garbage truck and school buses in the mornings, a mobile clinic on Friday evenings, flatmates who scream when playing video games, cooking or just chatting it up, four calling birds, three french hens, two turtledoves and a partridge in a pear tree. :D :D :D

macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby macaroonie » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 6:00 pm

Hell and i thought 2 screaming kids next door, the train running day and night and construction going all through the day and most of the night was bad...

the south of france is sounding better and better..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:51 pm

nakatago,

Can't top that! :lol:

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 6:34 pm

nakatago wrote:I got a baby bawling right outside my room, damned motorbikes downstairs and their crackling engines at 2am, the garbage truck and school buses in the mornings, a mobile clinic on Friday evenings, flatmates who scream when playing video games, cooking or just chatting it up, four calling birds, three french hens, two turtledoves and a partridge in a pear tree. :D :D :D

That's hilarious! Lovin' it! :lol:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

ev-disinfection
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ev-disinfection » Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:15 pm

Hi all, I am a local and not an animal lover,
What I would do.... I would always tolerate. But if it gets out of hand, like in Ozchicks case, I would remember my rights and call whoever will take action, and if all else fail, I would move out...
My 2 cents worth.

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Postby phil30k » Thu, 24 Dec 2009 12:58 pm

Dear Ozchick,

What you can do is to look up "Strata Titles Board" in Singapore. They are the correct authority to adjucate disputes between neighbours in a condominium. The management corporation is constrained to acting within their authority and the help they can give you is very limited.

You have a right to a peaceful enjoyment of your unit and if the barking is interfering with this, you have grounds to take this to the Strata Titles Board and present your case there.

I hope this helps.

12kfeet

Postby 12kfeet » Thu, 24 Dec 2009 1:50 pm

I would hire a ninja. Who could ninja-kick those dogs into oblivion. Either that or call the police on them preferably in the arvo while they're at work. Nothing says 'I love you, neighbours!' like stealing their dogs! And you can finally have your nana nap in peace.

guerrilla_panda

Postby guerrilla_panda » Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:03 pm

nakatago and 12kfeet: Love it.

ozchick and dazzlebabe: I haven't been here for very long but most places in Singapore don't seem to be very good environments for domestic animals. At the same time, I've never seen so many pet stores in my life! condos and HDBs would be better off without some of the larger, noisier domestic animals (though I can't really see the benefit of owning turtles or frogs, either, as some of the people I know here do). I reckon it's the best for everyone's sanity---that of people and humans alike.
Eats shoots and leaves