Singapore Expats

Hi all, I got an offer from Singapore and need your advice

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
weareza

Hi all, I got an offer from Singapore and need your advice

Post by weareza » Sat, 12 Dec 2009 2:38 am

Hi all friends, I'm new to this forum and maybe someone to give me any recommendation on my concern here. I'm 23 years old from Bangkok. I got an offer from a Singapore company and the title of the job is SEO Consultant (Online marketing field).They just made the final offer to me about 6500SGD/month. Do you think this salary range is good enough to live in Singapore? No any other allowance is provided.

Thank you in advance.
:)

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hi all, I got an offer from Singapore and need your advi

Post by blue_thunder » Sat, 12 Dec 2009 5:16 am

weareza wrote:Hi all friends, I'm new to this forum and maybe someone to give me any recommendation on my concern here. I'm 23 years old from Bangkok. I got an offer from a Singapore company and the title of the job is SEO Consultant (Online marketing field).They just made the final offer to me about 6500SGD/month. Do you think this salary range is good enough to live in Singapore? No any other allowance is provided.

Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the little red dot :wave:

If you are single and will to stay in HDB ( alone) or in a condo(sharing) then 6.5 K should be more than enough .
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

resm
Regular
Regular

Post by resm » Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:42 am

weareza wrote:Hi all friends, I'm new to this forum and maybe someone to give me any recommendation on my concern here. I'm 23 years old from Bangkok. I got an offer from a Singapore company and the title of the job is SEO Consultant (Online marketing field).They just made the final offer to me about 6500SGD/month. Do you think this salary range is good enough to live in Singapore? No any other allowance is provided.

Thank you in advance.
if you try hard enough, you can find an apartment (condo) for S$ 2000.-/mth. depending in which area you stay and that should depend on where you will work.

If you don't eat out every day in expensive restaurants and live a modest life, 6500.- is enough to enjoy life in Singapore.

Thats much more than most locals earn.
PROUT....the only way out !

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:00 am

$6500 is way above average singaporean salary (Not referring to 1 singaporean. It's referring to a husband and wife take home pay).

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Post by mondaymorningquarterback » Tue, 15 Dec 2009 2:09 pm

Thank you in advance.
Are you an internet whizzkid? $6500/m is a shitload for entry level.

weareza

Post by weareza » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks guy for all your helpful answers..I'm seeing the contract for the coming January.

You guy might think this age is kinna entry level and I just wanna note that I've been working on this part for more than 5 years, yes since I was just a very young boy. :D .. See you singapore