Singapore Expats Forum

GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 22 Feb 2010 9:12 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugg_boots

now a common noun in the lands downunder and the long white cloud

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:44 am

road.not.taken wrote:Talk to me when you've spent a week when the temperature has not risen above 0 degrees F then we'll talk... Is it true UGG is an American Company? And for the record, I prefer ULUs :)

0 F? Dun wan! My brother is in Luxemburg at he moment and the photos he sends me are very beautiful . . . but full of snow! I've had my fill of the stuff when I was in Chicago . . . add he freezing wind-chill . . . fuggedaboudit

Australian design and invention . . . hence the delicate lines and beautiful overall looks . . . goes well with anything from a bikini to a cocktail dress.

Aussies know kultcha when they see it!

now a common noun in the lands downunder and the long white cloud

Proof that it is Aussie . . . while they are used for different purposes in New Zealand, hence the low birth rate there.

'nuff said Image

x9200

Postby x9200 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 5:01 pm

Vaucluse wrote:
gl456 wrote:I've been around a lot of countries, and I have to say that Singaporeans are bar none worst drivers. They can't seem to stay in their own lanes, and I'm not even going to touch on their merging skills (or lack thereof). I would love to see them trying to merge onto BQE in NYC. They would get shot by pissed off drivers for sure.

If you've really 'been around a lot of countries' then you would know what you posted is rubbish . . . A whole continent of Africa awaits your appraisal as do places like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, India, Pakistan etc etc . . .

The problem with Singapore traffic is that this country measures up to so called Western standards and hardly anybody expect it is different. Purely psychological factor IMHO. Personally I would like to have the driving skills of the drivers in India, not that I want to drive there.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:25 am

Possibly, but when someone says:

I have to say that Singaporeans are bar none worst drivers

. . . then the 'bar none' would not exclude anywhere.

'nuff said Image