Singapore Expats Forum

GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Re: hello

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 20 Feb 2010 2:38 pm

Splatted wrote:
janette2120 wrote:
Splatted wrote:hmm.. not sure what to say about this.

At least you don't get crazies following you home after you cut them off, and bashing you in your car as you arrive home, like what happened here in Melbourne over the last week due to road rage.

my 2c worth:

a) drive 5km slower than the speed limit - you'll get there just as fast
b) accept the way Singaporeans drive, you'll feel a lot more relaxed.
c) MYOB. You wont achieve anything. They will never admit they were in the
wrong if you confront them, so why bother?
.......... ummmmmmmmmmm you can talk coz ur not living here mr high and mighty.......try living here for awhile hey before u start talking...... we almost had lotsa accidents coz some stupid singaporean just decided to get in our lane right in front of us no indicator nothing. the same problem we have with asian drivers in sydney we are having here grrrrrrrrrr.

Coming from someone that hasn't a clue how long I have actually lived in Singapore, that's a really "intelligent" reply. What else have you got?

Not to worry, the words 'intelligent' and Janette Grrrrrrrrr are not to be used in the same sentence . . . westie trash

'nuff said Image

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:53 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Not to worry, the words 'intelligent' and Janette Grrrrrrrrr are not to be used in the same sentence . . . westie trash

haven't we driven her away already?

gl456

Postby gl456 » Sat, 20 Feb 2010 11:44 pm

I've been around a lot of countries, and I have to say that Singaporeans are bar none worst drivers. They can't seem to stay in their own lanes, and I'm not even going to touch on their merging skills (or lack thereof). I would love to see them trying to merge onto BQE in NYC. They would get shot by pissed off drivers for sure.

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Postby SunWuKong » Sun, 21 Feb 2010 1:09 am

Personally I find that driving 5km slower leads to all sorts of unpleasant situations.

Drive 5km faster. You'll be amazed by how much more smoothly your driving experience goes.

Just keep a careful eye out for ... 'What's the colour of a two cent piece? Copper, Copper!'

Driving fast doesn't kill people; driving around thinking that you are safe does. That and the attendant deceleration. :???:
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!

intewig

Postby intewig » Sun, 21 Feb 2010 1:15 am

FYI, I am Singaporean and get just as irritated with drivers out there, every morning during my daily commute. The only solution? Take a deep breath, don't let the other guy dump his emotional garbage on you. Take it easy.....

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sun, 21 Feb 2010 6:37 am

Vaucluse wrote:Not to worry, the words 'intelligent' and Janette Grrrrrrrrr are not to be used in the same sentence . . . westie trash

Hey! My Westie is not trashy....

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:30 pm

road.not.taken wrote:

aw cute doggie :) :D

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sun, 21 Feb 2010 1:26 pm

That's not mine, ours is much cuter, but the point remains.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:26 am

gl456 wrote:I've been around a lot of countries, and I have to say that Singaporeans are bar none worst drivers. They can't seem to stay in their own lanes, and I'm not even going to touch on their merging skills (or lack thereof). I would love to see them trying to merge onto BQE in NYC. They would get shot by pissed off drivers for sure.

If you've really 'been around a lot of countries' then you would know what you posted is rubbish . . . A whole continent of Africa awaits your appraisal as do places like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, India, Pakistan etc etc . . .

You really haven't been 'around', have you?

road.not.taken wrote:

Is he from Sydney? Ha! Thought not . . . I should have said Sydney Westie trash! My apologies

nakatago wrote:
haven't we driven her away already?

:D Nice choice of words for this topic!

'nuff said Image

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Mon, 22 Feb 2010 2:07 pm

Vaucluse wrote:road.not.taken wrote:

Is he from Sydney? Ha! Thought not . . . I should have said Sydney Westie trash! My apologies!

Actually he is from a breeder outside Sydney, but truth be told I don't know where specifically :oops:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 22 Feb 2010 2:43 pm

Oh dear . . . he could be . . . does he wear ugg-boots? Image a

'nuff said Image

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Mon, 22 Feb 2010 3:41 pm

No, but I do... De rigueur in my part of the world during winter. Let me guess, also the hallmark of a trashy Westie for the Western suburbs?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 22 Feb 2010 8:26 pm

road.not.taken wrote:No, but I do... De rigueur in my part of the world during winter. Let me guess, also the hallmark of a trashy Westie for the Western suburbs?

Umm . . .

Reminds me of a joke, he says with the ultimate diversion skill:

How can you spot a New Zealander at the mall?

He's the one loitering in front of an Ugg boot shop with an erection

Boo-Tish!

'nuff said Image

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Mon, 22 Feb 2010 8:43 pm

Talk to me when you've spent a week when the temperature has not risen above 0 degrees F then we'll talk... Is it true UGG is an American Company? And for the record, I prefer ULUs :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Feb 2010 9:12 pm

Big story and court case one that one. They figure the originated in NZ or Aus but a surfer brought a container of 'em to the US in the 60-70's and the rest is history. Check out the whole story on Wikipedia {Ugg Boots}