Singapore Expats Forum

Is this clear enough for the guy to catch my msg?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
bluesky2009

Is this clear enough for the guy to catch my msg?

Postby bluesky2009 » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 4:42 pm

I met this guy through an event and I sort of like him. So I sent him an sms saying if there is possibility for us to know each other a bit further, mabye we can meet up again. And he says "sure certainly,I'd like that."
I'm really really not good at this coz I never been a character to approach a guy proactively, but I feel he worths me doing so and I really want to explore the possibility of going out with him. After the last sms exchange there is no action been taken from either side so far, I don't know if he got what I mean and what I should do next. Based on his reply, anyone take a guess what's been on his mind? Shall I ask him out over a coffee or dinner immediately? Btw, I gave my instant messenger ID to him y'day(I don't have his) but so far he hasn't added me yet...I'm feeling a bit frustrated now..

Miriean

Postby Miriean » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 6:33 pm

Deleted post.
Last edited by Miriean on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrlily
Regular
Regular

Postby mrlily » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 6:35 pm

this is what i'd do...
https://mechanical.co.nz - Development of a Secure Threaded Websocket Server in C.

bluesky2009

Postby bluesky2009 » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:31 pm

sry if this not the right place to post but don't know where else to cry for help..I sent him a msg but he simply didn't reply...it's killing to drag on while waiting for him to come back. Is this a sign that I should stop dreaming abt anything?

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 2:21 am

three strikes, and he's out

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Postby mondaymorningquarterback » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 11:27 am

a112143

Re: Is this clear enough for the guy to catch my msg?

Postby a112143 » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 5:58 pm

bluesky2009 wrote:I met this guy through an event and I sort of like him. So I sent him an sms saying if there is possibility for us to know each other a bit further, mabye we can meet up again. And he says "sure certainly,I'd like that."
I'm really really not good at this coz I never been a character to approach a guy proactively, but I feel he worths me doing so and I really want to explore the possibility of going out with him. After the last sms exchange there is no action been taken from either side so far, I don't know if he got what I mean and what I should do next. Based on his reply, anyone take a guess what's been on his mind? Shall I ask him out over a coffee or dinner immediately? Btw, I gave my instant messenger ID to him y'day(I don't have his) but so far he hasn't added me yet...I'm feeling a bit frustrated now..

Hi Bluesky,
nobody can give you any advice on what you should do with your personal life. It's your own and you need to find a way that best reconciles what you want and what you are with what you need to do to get it. Posting on a forum will only get your replies from people who think you're playing baseball.
I would suggest you take your time to think where exactly you want this to go and how you want to do it. Starting relationships can be a lot of guesswork coupled with a lot of rationalizing. And only you can do it for yourself. Good luck.

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 9:12 pm

what's wrong with baseball?

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 7:24 am

If he isnt asking for a date after you met him? i believe hes not interested..you might want to explore other fishes in the sea.

bluesky2009

Postby bluesky2009 » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:40 am

hey guys, thx for the advices/links. I collected enough courage to ask him out last Sun but he asked to postpone due to conflicting schedule. I guess that's it, he might be seeing some else but not yet fixed any long term relationship, hence I was sort of being hanged over there. break my head if I try to figure out why he's not prone to go out with me out of thousands possibilties. I guess I have to take a pause from here and stop coming up with reasons that he is not replying/accepting me which are not critical to defend myself..Yea, maybe he's just not that into me...

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:35 am

see bluesky, that's three strikes already. it's all right to move on now; his loss, not yours.

bluesky2009

Postby bluesky2009 » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 5:58 pm

bummer..
thx mauvecloud, it hurts thou

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 6:14 pm

short-term ouch better than long-term agony :D (at least that's what i read. haha booksmart ftw!)

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 6:27 pm

Well, at least now bluesky2009 knows how to be in man's boots.

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 6:41 pm

rejections are equal opportunity thing actually. nobody, male or female, gets accepted all the time. that's a statistical impossibility.