Singapore Expats Forum

Applying for Hubby PR from overseas?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sou125

Applying for Hubby PR from overseas?

Postby sou125 » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 3:09 am

Need some input and suggestiong from you nice people here on my situation. Since the economy turmoil, things have been really bad all around the world. It's much more worse here in the US, number of lay-offs keep rising. We decided to head home in few mths time, bring abt 70K SGD. Is it enough to maybe set up a small recording studio or a small cafe and pay rent (short term)? I've been here in the States for almost 5yrs and a Stay home mom most time. I'm sure I can apply for an HBD flat or something but I need to build up my CPF monies again. I am a SG citizen married to an American. Together, we have 2 kids. One is SG born and the other is US born but both holds dual citizen. My husband is only a high sch diploma and only a mid level professional in building and construction and holds some licenses in that field. How can I sponsor him for a PR from US or should I go and do this later in Singapore itself? If he get approved for PR, will he be able to find job like any other locals? Currently, I have secured a job offer myself in SG. I don't really know what else to do and hope that coming back to Singapore will be much more better for us. I told my husband that he'll probably get a job as a PR easy. We've done this long time ago, trying to apply a WP for him but it's hard as he's not a Degree holder only job experiences.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 8:39 am

Have a read of this thread below as it will probably answer most of your questions. There's been at least 2 of us who have been through the exact same process within the last year or so.

sutra390949.html&highlight=#390949

Any other questions just give us a shout.

It might be best to get one of the 'ever so friendly' mods to move this to 'relocating to Singapore'

sou125

Postby sou125 » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 2:33 am

Can you post the link to the website.. I went to the ICA and it's no help at all. I kept looking at the Min. of Foreign Affairs site but I can't find the link that to apply PR while overseas.

I read some of your posting, your wife had zero income when you apply back then, no problem at all yeah. My husband recently got laid off again this yr.. really bad, bad years for us! Somewhere you or others mentioned, we can use his Income tax info to apply for PR? However, we'll be bring some money back to SG.. I wonder if he can apply like an Entreprenaur visa or something?

sou125

Postby sou125 » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 2:39 am

Oppppss... I found it!!! Found the link in the end.. so much to go thru!