Singapore Expats

Evolve MMA

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
davidy

Evolve MMA

Post by davidy » Thu, 03 Dec 2009 4:52 pm

Hi,

Has anyone tried Evolve MMA? They are opening a branch at Raffles Place. I am thinking of taking up the BJJ there. Appreciate if anyone can share their experiences with Evolve.

Thanks in advance.

gl456

Post by gl456 » Thu, 03 Dec 2009 6:00 pm

SGD 300 / month is all I know. Unlimited number of classes.

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Post by mondaymorningquarterback » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 4:50 pm

Have you been there yet? I like their frequency of classes.

davidy

Post by davidy » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 5:00 pm

I will be going for my trial lesson next week. (trying to stay away from high impact activities this week before Sunday's marathon). And will most likely sign up if the experience is satisfactory.

It will be great if i can get some feedbacks about the club as well as the teaching quality from existing members. There are not many bjj schools (with experienced and high ranking instructors) in Singapore.

Are you training there already and how is your experience so far?

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Post by mondaymorningquarterback » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 5:04 pm

I am not training there but would love to join you for the trial class. Would be good to gang up as i have been told many times they practice high pressure sales tactics.

davidy

Post by davidy » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 5:27 pm

I am looking at next tue 6:15pm BJJ. Not sure if you want to try out other classes or other days.

I am not too concerned with sales pple. Had my fair share of experience dealing with them.

PM me if you want to tag along. :)

nyc4ever

Evolve MMA

Post by nyc4ever » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 3:23 am

I'm currently enrolled at Evolve MMA. Joined them 3 months ago. Great school - super friendly instructors (a lot of them are world champs), convenient schedule (tons of classes all day 7 days a week), etc. Pricing is not necessarily cheap though, but it is the best school around. It reminds me of Equinox back home in New York, but for martial arts.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Evolve MMA

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Jan 2010 6:55 am

tic....toc....tic....toc.....

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Post by mondaymorningquarterback » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 1:53 pm

nyc4ever wrote:I'm currently enrolled at Evolve MMA. Joined them 3 months ago. Great school - super friendly instructors (a lot of them are world champs), convenient schedule (tons of classes all day 7 days a week), etc. Pricing is not necessarily cheap though, but it is the best school around. It reminds me of Equinox back home in New York, but for martial arts.
Do you guys spar in muay thai over there?

rixusher

Post by rixusher » Mon, 04 Jan 2010 8:41 pm

mondaymorningquarterback wrote:
nyc4ever wrote:I'm currently enrolled at Evolve MMA. Joined them 3 months ago. Great school - super friendly instructors (a lot of them are world champs), convenient schedule (tons of classes all day 7 days a week), etc. Pricing is not necessarily cheap though, but it is the best school around. It reminds me of Equinox back home in New York, but for martial arts.
Do you guys spar in muay thai over there?
I'm a student at Evolve, been with Evolve MMA since it started at Selegie. The Muay Thai lessons are structured in such a way that the instructors will take note of your progress and promote you to the next level once they feel you are ready. Upon reaching level 2, students are allow to participate in sparring, with protective gear on, that means a mouth piece, a groin guard and shin guards.

Hope that answers your question? :)

nyc4ever

Post by nyc4ever » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 7:08 am

yes, there is sparring in muay thai if you want. but they assess your skills first. your fundamentals must be good before they let you spar.

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Post by babykasim » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 1:40 pm

i've signed up for the trial session - gonna go for the BJJ.
one question, is there female attending this class?

i just don't want to go and ended up being the only female :D

rixusher

Post by rixusher » Sun, 24 Jan 2010 3:37 pm

There's definitely females in BJJ and Muay Thai at Evolve MMA! I'm sure you'll enjoy training there.

nyc4ever

Post by nyc4ever » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 6:57 am

yes, there are females but mostly in the muay thai classes. not many in bjj.

trevorwong77

Post by trevorwong77 » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:59 pm

Scheduled a trial but did not go. Um... looking so cheaper one. I guess this is quite out of my small company benefit budget. Muay thai is from Thailand, quite near, should be easier to find a good one than a certified one. First class of facilities may not be my choice.

not bad... http://www.suphanahong.sg/content/courses
but I feel old, with a lot of young guys here... hehehe
Life's short, let's drag the fun looooooong.

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”