Singapore Expats

Car leasing companies: which to choose

Discuss about car leasing and rental in Singapore.
pbez

Car leasing companies: which to choose

Post by pbez » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:36 pm

Hello everyone,

We are considering leasing a car in Singapore and would like to know of your experience doing this. Our main concern is customer service for when the car breaks down or if we are in an accident. We know they promise it all, but one only knows when things get bad... We've narrowed down to Honda dealer and Avis. Have any of you had experience with either of these companies?

Many thanks,

ram83

Car leasing

Post by ram83 » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 4:21 am

How did your leasing go. Any experiences to share?

gerbers76

leasing

Post by gerbers76 » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 4:38 pm

usually when u lease from a company, you already have paid for the insurance premium inside your mthly lease. so if you have an accident you just have to pay the excess of S$ - - - that your company you lease from proposed. =]

Frederique

Post by Frederique » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:24 pm

Hi,
I lease a KIA car and I've been impressed by the service so far.
For car service they pick up and return the car any place I indicate to them.
I've had a break down once and a flat tyre and every time they've rescued me and bring me back home the first time since they have to take the car to their work shop and deliver me a replacement car to my place on the following morning (break down happen late in the evening).
If I have to leave home for long they come to my place regularly to start the car to avoid I have battery issues when I come back...
And this is all costs included in my minthly rental !
I only have to drive and fuel the tank.
If you wan tthe name of the rental company send me a private message (I don't want to be advertising !)

kbelyeu

Vehicle Leasing

Post by kbelyeu » Sun, 17 Oct 2010 3:10 am

I know this is an old post but I am adding to it in case we have some new viewers.

I have leased from Orix leasing for the last 4 years and have found their service to be impeccable. They include insurance for both Singapore and Malaysia and offer immediate road side assistance. They will even deliver a loaner car to your home when they need to service your regular vehicle at no additional charge. Now I have had my differences with them (all communication issues as I only speak English) but can't speak highly enough of them.

Maybe not the cheapest but if you don't want to worry about any issues with the vehicle then this is the company to choose.

Kurt

klitz
Regular
Regular

Post by klitz » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 3:38 pm

Most professional car rental firms would have provided insurance coverage for Singapore and Malaysia Usage. With 24hours roadside assistance as well. and a replacement car that is delivered to you when your car is in the workshop for servicing and repairs.
Another gd car rental co that offers it, Fulco rent-a-car pte ltd.