Singapore Expats

Young female from Texas moving to Singapore in December!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
wcs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wcs » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 5:31 am

Hi Anna, I'm another Aussie. I just completed grad school here in Singapore, and have decided to hang around for a bit!

Good luck on your new adventure! I am not sure if you have ever visited Mexico seeing you are so close, but I find some similarities here with the importance of family in the local culture.

If you organise a meet up with some of the others from here, drop me an invite.

(I'm no good at cooking chicken, but I can bring the chilli or tabasco sauce! :P )

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 7:00 am

stewie wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
stewie wrote: Im from the Big D!
That wouldn't be "Dull us" would it?
come on dude, u can do better than that. :roll:
Well, I probably could have but considering it's been close to 45 years since I spent any time around the Dallas-Ft. Worth area......

I used to spend a lot of time back then at Eagle Mt Lake. But Unfortunately, I lived down south in Miserable Wells, while I was still in Primary Flight School at Ft. Wolters, back in '65. But, being from the Upper East Coast of the US, it was kinda slow. :P :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Flowerpoddess

Post by Flowerpoddess » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 1:28 pm

Hi Anna,

I sent ya a PM. =]

akprestage

Post by akprestage » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:59 pm

I am unable to send PM's yet so I thought I'd say a little bit more about myself on here.

I am going to be working in the Woodlands area for the "I Can Read" program. From what I hear, that is a very nice area of Singapore (although I hear that everywhere is nice!) I'll be teaching English to 5-8 year olds and I'm so excited :)

I am moving over there alone, although I do know a few people who live there or have lived there and I hear nothing but amazing things about it! This is definitely going to be a huge change for me, but I think I'm ready for the challenge.

Since I'll be moving on the 27th...do any of you have plans for New Years? Are there fun things to do??

I would love to have you all as contacts when I get over there, but like I said, I can't PM so just in case...my email is [email protected].
Love the Life you Live

Flowerpoddess

Post by Flowerpoddess » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 2:15 am

Heya,

Will sent ya an email then, your job sounds awesome, mostly cause I love kids and I tutor :D

Flowerpoddess

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 6:50 am

Flowerpoddess wrote: cause I love kids and I tutor :D
tic....toc....tic....toc....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers