Singapore Expats Forum

Christmas lunch

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
karen durnford

Christmas lunch

Postby karen durnford » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 9:18 pm

Hi
Is there any expats out there that are here for christmas day lunch that would like to meet up as a group or have already planned something for those of us stuck here.
Or any good suggestions on where to go for lunch.

osangar

Postby osangar » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 5:13 pm

I was only just wondering to myself today if there will be any orphans Xmas get together happening. You read my mind.

If there is one, I would love to come along.

bisc13uit

Christmas Lunch

Postby bisc13uit » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 5:15 am

I'd be game too, although I have thought about doing a little short getaway as well. Keep me posted if you decide to do anything; otherwise, it could get kind of lonely out here...

AliciaCC

xmas ...

Postby AliciaCC » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:36 am

i m surprised that there are actually someone beside me staying in SG for Xmas! nice to know~ please let me know if there is any plan! (lunch sounds great!)
aliciachenbj@msn.com

bubbles_sg09

Re: xmas ...

Postby bubbles_sg09 » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 1:20 pm

Count me in too! il be alone in holidays... :( bubbles_sg09@yahoo.com
keep me posted guys...

osangar

Postby osangar » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 5:01 pm

I am not only here for Xmas, but working over the period as well. I think I get one day off work.

Also, are there any good events for New Years (not Chinese new year) that anyone can suggest ?

bubbles_sg09

Postby bubbles_sg09 » Wed, 09 Dec 2009 3:49 pm

osangar wrote:I am not only here for Xmas, but working over the period as well. I think I get one day off work.

Also, are there any good events for New Years (not Chinese new year) that anyone can suggest ?

Hello there...
if you are keen you can join us on Christmas just add your name and your email add for us to contact you on the other thread..
sutra431751.html#431751

anyone is welcome..

cheers!

Portsdown

Re: Christmas lunch

Postby Portsdown » Fri, 11 Dec 2009 7:30 pm

I know what you mean, being alone and lonely during these upcoming festive seasons is totally lame. I just recently got divorced and have an 8yr old turning 18 and I am not quite sure what I will do with myself this Christmas :(
A good friend is organising a Boxing Day Carnival at the East Coast Park on the 27th Dec.. So there will be food,drinks and meeting new people by the beach can be fun. If we could get 10 people to buy the tickets, for sure get some discount...

cwentil

Postby cwentil » Sat, 12 Dec 2009 1:09 pm

Christmas family lunch would be great, I can help to organize that. Just drop me an email with your name to cwentil@gmail.com then we'll reply to all to decide the place and time. We're just moving here for 5 months and I don't think my husband get a change to return to Ausie for chrissy with his family.
Looking forward to hear from you all!!

Portsdown

Postby Portsdown » Sat, 12 Dec 2009 4:30 pm

cwentil wrote:Christmas family lunch would be great, I can help to organize that. Just drop me an email with your name to cwentil@gmail.com then we'll reply to all to decide the place and time. We're just moving here for 5 months and I don't think my husband get a change to return to Ausie for chrissy with his family.
Looking forward to hear from you all!!

Hiya, would you and family be interested to join other families to an event,will be at the East Coast Park on the 27th Dec? Food,drinks, music inflatables and etc for the kids as well... All are welcome,so if you know anybody who might be around in SG, we could all get some discount for the tickets.. :D

cwentil

Postby cwentil » Sat, 12 Dec 2009 4:52 pm

Hi Portsdown.
How much for the ticket?
I am a personable, easy-going woman with an ideas about how to live.