I'm new to this forum, but i was hoping you guys can help me with some questions I have. I'm currently 16, still studying in a secondary school and have totally no experience with working.
Well, I'm considering working as a science tutor, but I don't want to take any teaching course or work under tutoring agencies.
So, my questions are,
1) Is it possible to work as a tutor without any certification that proves I'm capable? (I came top in combined science, A1 for both physics and chemistry, for three consecutive years, but have yet to complete my O' levels.)
In my Country it's possible, but in Singapore I dunno. but as long as you are very good there will be an opportunity there.
2) What are the working hours, procedures and pay for a private science tutor?
It's Depend on your employer.
3) What are the difference teaching one-to-one and a group?
Group : contain several people in a class
one to one : only a person.
Next, as I said, I have zero experience with working and I need to understand things beforehand, otherwise I get all messed up. These are questions for working part-time in general:
1) Do all jobs require interviews?
What do they look for in an interview?
Your personalities, Your basic skills based on the position you applied to,
Your presentation skills.
Would I have to be all smile and stuff?
Yes, smile makes people happy. but dont smile everytime, people will think you are crazy or mentally disorder.
What are the chances of a shy and kiddish-looking person getting chosen for a job?
It depends on your interview. if you wanna be a tutor, you might be teaching people in the Class. First time it will be a quite difficult for shy person but after you do it several times, your shyness will be gone forever.
2) When do I get informed of the working hours/days and job scope?
It's depends on, but usually at the last interview session, the interviewer will ask something like this "do you any questions regarding to our ......"
Before, after or during interviews?
It's better after interview. don't push this question in the first place. you will loose the battle before you go to the battle field.
3) How do I apply for leaves, who do I report to during/after work and who do I find when I want to quit?
Once you accepted you will know it. No need to think this first. You need to focus on settled your job.
dont ask this 'stupid' question to your interviewer otherwise you will be lose before the match.
4) What are the expectations of a employer for a first-time employee?
Your basic skills
Your communication skiils
Your Can do attitude
Your Salary expectation
5) If I were to be a sales promoter, do I just promote specific products or am I suppose to assist any customer at any area in the store?
It's one package (both), How you can be sales promoter without knowing how to interact with customers (assist them about product they going to buy).
How customer will trust or like you if you just standing at the corner.
how customer feel comfort and sure to buy if your answer only yes or not or I dont know.
you got my points ?
6) Working part-time, do I have to dress well? (Currently owning very small amount of clothes, all casual, nothing much that is presentable. Do I have to invest? Or let it be? )
dont worry, dress well as you have now. after you earn you first salary then you can buy new one loh. your personalities more important
I know I have many questions and mostly foolish ones, but I need to be ready before I have enough courage to even try. So, please try and help me.
Bro, NO NEED THINK TO MUCH. JUST DO IT. SEND CV AND GET INTERVIEW.
once you get interview session, it's mean you have a change to settle a job, more interview you have more better your interview skills.
Thanks a trillion in advance~!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest