Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizen needs advice for foreigner son

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:08 am

Singapore Citizen needs advice for foreigner son

Post by LoveLogic » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:32 am

Hello Everyone,

First of all, let me discuss my situation. I am a naturalized Singapore Citizen and have been working overseas with a work pass in Macao for the past 15 years. Now recently, I have returned to Singapore with my son who is turning 16 next month (Legally separated with my wife, have full custody and no longer have any contact with her). We have been here since August 08 and I have been working. Since then I have been applying for PR, LTVP and have been rejected many times. We even went to MP for help to no avail. My son has not studied for more than 1 year now because of no vacany in the schools around our area and has been travelling back and forth to Johor every time his visa ends (I have relatives in Johor). I have questions that I need to ask. I need advice on what to do.

-What can I do to have my son stay with me permanently?
-What should I apply for?
-What should I do to get my son to school?
-Will applying dependant pass for him help?

Please! I need serious help about this.

Thank you for reading

Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 5:48 pm

Post by wkwoods » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 3:47 pm

I believe, he needs a Student's Pass. Can't believe that there isn't a vacancy in some school within MRT ride of your house. He is after all 16 years old! ... &secid=259

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests