Singapore Expats Forum

Bored Expat Houswife Looking for Friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Brenstar

Bored Expat Houswife Looking for Friends

Postby Brenstar » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 5:29 pm

My partner and I recently moved here from Adelaide but I'm originally from NY. My boyfriend works all day 9-6++ and I'm managing to stay busy but its getting a bit boring. Right now I'm a bit addicted to yoga so I'm there in the early noon but I need to start filling in the rest of my day.

Basically I'm pretty cool... i think so anyway :). 33 years old and very American from what my Australian boyfriend says (whatever that means). Just looking to make friends really and get out there a bit. Let me know if your in my boat we can go grab a bite or maybe a coffee?

Don't really know what else to write? I've never really been the type of person to plead for friends on websites and I'm not sure telling you I like long walks on beaches would be appropriate lol!

So if your bored and in need of a friend let me know. Sorry no boys. Not sure my honey would like me running around Singapore with random men.

Brenda

Sam Raj

Postby Sam Raj » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:51 am

Hi Brenda,

I am more or less in the same boat, just that I am little older than you, married and have 2 kids.

I have lived in America for several years and always look forward to meeting people from there.

Let me know what would be the best way to get in touch with you.

There is also a group of women who meet for coffee on Wednesday mornings and here is the facebook link for the same...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110178124607
Last edited by Sam Raj on Tue, 24 Nov 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melissam

Postby melissam » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 5:09 pm

Hi Brenda

My name is Melissa, I am 32 and recently arrived in Singapore with my boyfriend from the UK, who works the same kind of hours! Would love to hook up - I'm not able to send personal messages as I haven't put enough posts up but drop me an email on me@melissam.co.uk and we will chat more. Look forward to hearing from you, Melissa

Brenstar

Postby Brenstar » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 9:33 am

Hey ladies nice to meet you both. Melissa I have sent you an email since you left your address and Sam you can contact me @ brenstar76@yahoo.com.

Look forward to hearing from you both. I have heard about these FB friend things and have thought about looking into them but I actually haven't heard back from one of them. Are you planning on going? I think there is one for drinks tonight but I'm not sure about it? Maybe if Mike can come with me but I'm not sure if its a girls only thing?

cutio1979

Postby cutio1979 » Thu, 26 Nov 2009 9:00 am

Hi,

I arrive in singapore in January (currently in Oz) and would be inetrested in meeting up. I will be working during the day but if you have evening or weekend activities planned I would love to hear about them!

Rachel

Nadia P

Postby Nadia P » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 6:44 pm

Hi there

I too recently arrived, im originally an Aussie and recently relocated from the UK with my partner. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some like minded people, so if you're still up for meeting others let me know.

i'm 35, enjoy a laugh, shopping, yoga and recently developed a bump so have decided to take a career break and enjoy SG in the meantime :)

london01

Postby london01 » Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:25 pm

Hi all,
Am in a similar boat to all of you. I arrived from England a couple of days ago.
My husband starts work tomorrow and I will be looking after my 15 month old daughter.
Would be good to meet during the day (if you don't mind me bringing my daughter!) or would be happy to meet in an evening.
Let me know if its ok to contact you. I can't send personal messages as yet as not made enough posts.
Thanks
Georgina

Inoka

Postby Inoka » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 8:58 am

Hi!

I am looking for some social connections too. I moved to Singapore 2 years ago from Japan. I'm 29 and yes, female :D I was working full time, but stopped when I found out I was pregnant. Hubby and I are expecting our first child in February :) I keep myself busy going for yoga and walks, but am eager to meet other people I can hang out with. Drop me a line if you want to meet up! Hope you don't mind a pregnant lady contacting! inoka05@gmail.com

Inoka

Inoka

Postby Inoka » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 8:59 am

Hi!

I am looking for some social connections too. I moved to Singapore 2 years ago from Japan. I'm 29 and yes, female :D I was working full time, but stopped when I found out I was pregnant. Hubby and I are expecting our first child in February :) I keep myself busy going for yoga and walks, but am eager to meet other people I can hang out with. Drop me a line if you want to meet up! Hope you don't mind a pregnant lady contacting! inoka05@gmail.com

Inoka

thea1228

Looking for other pregnant expat women

Postby thea1228 » Sat, 16 Oct 2010 8:13 am

Hi! I am 20 weeks pregnant and looking for other pregnant expat moms who would like to meet up and chat & share stories etc. If you are interested please e-mail me at thea1228@aol.com. Thanks. :D

Backpacker

Make good use of your time

Postby Backpacker » Mon, 06 Dec 2010 1:23 pm

Hi Brenda,

Maybe you can try your hand in some of the voulntary organisation here. Many will need your help. If you like animals, maybe can try spca, asd, cats welfare, etc. If you are more towards human.....there are many nursing home and others that need help. Maybe you will find it more meaningful and have no worries of your bf questioning u running around with random guy.....;p