Singapore Expats Forum

Vnese GF Rejected Entry into Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

CKJ_77

Vnese GF Rejected Entry into Singapore

Postby CKJ_77 » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 6:43 pm

Hi all,

I'm a Spore PR from a neighbouring country and planned to marry my Vnese GF soon. (but dont think its a good idea to jump into marriage just yet since she cant enter SG)

I'm just wondering if this case of mine happened to any of you guys out there?
Basically, my gf was previously married to a Sporean man which she divorced sometime back end of last year. (we got to know each other in SG, she was holding a LTSVP previously)
We've been seeing each other since then. She has visited me frequently in Spore but mid this year she got rejected entry into Spore for a stated period, no reason was given.(too long a period to wait without trying to do something abt it)

I've appeal to the ICA but was unsuccessful. Anyone out there with an idea, please do let me know ....
Maybe get married 1st and re-appeal? would greatly appreciate u guys out there sharing a bit of experience n knowledge.

Thanks.[/b]

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 6:51 pm

As she has been married before to a Singaporean, she is probably being classified as an undesirable that the government sees as a gold digger only. It's probably not the case, but you have to admit, it seems funny that if she's VNmese and marrying twice to someone with residency in Singapore, it does look kind of suspicious. I mean, what are the odds? :roll:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:34 pm

As per SMS . . . caution is advised

'nuff said Image

CKJ_77

Postby CKJ_77 » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 7:56 pm

SMS & Vaucluse,

Thanks for caution. Yes i agree that it may seems a bit odd to the ICA but i assure you that this is a serious relationship. Of course ICA wouldnt know of that but then hope someone out there could be able to help me out or give me a concrete suggestion.
Thanks...

x9200

Postby x9200 » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 8:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As she has been married before to a Singaporean, she is probably being classified as an undesirable that the government sees as a gold digger only. It's probably not the case, but you have to admit, it seems funny that if she's VNmese and marrying twice to someone with residency in Singapore, it does look kind of suspicious. I mean, what are the odds? :roll:

Why? If she spent most of her time in Singapore?

CKJ_77

Postby CKJ_77 » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 8:38 pm

X9200,

Yes. U r rite ...she was staying in SG for almost 4 years before alll this happened.
So now i really need help to solve this problem.

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:15 pm

Why would they want to block a Viennese lady when they let all kinds of Austrians in usually?
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:22 pm

EADG wrote:Why would they want to block a Viennese lady when they let all kinds of Austrians in usually?

Is Vaucluse rubbing off on you??

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:25 pm

Hehe, wouldn't let him that close....
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 5:21 am

Amazing how people jump to conclusions.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

x9200

Postby x9200 » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 8:35 am

CKJ_77, what you can get from this thread is purely speculative so the only thing you may try to do is arrange an appointment with ICA. Do it with an officer - someone of a bit higher rank than the receiving guys at the counter. Try to get from her/him possible reasons and suggestions. Ask about the marriage if this is your intention. Also please search this forum for marriage related topics (the workpermit issue).
I would rather think that your gf's problems are more related to the frequency of her visits - from the ICA perspective there is no proof that your relationship is anything but convenient way for her to enter the country and who knows what she is actually here doing. If this is the case, getting married should help. Again, pure speculation.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:02 am

Hell, for that matter anything and everything in this forum is speculation unless we are directing you to a specific ruling that is backed up with a government website like which states something unequivocally. So, yeah, an interview with an office, if you can get it, would be good. The problem is you would probably need her with you in order to get the interview as there is no relationship there as of yet, so they might be disinclined to grant you a fact finding audience if you are by yourself.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:06 am

EADG wrote:Why would they want to block a Viennese lady when they let all kinds of Austrians in usually?

Is she Vietnamese or Viennesse?

Yeah, I agree with SMS - they probably suspect her reasons for wanting to marry a SG resident a 2nd time... Guess your best option is to wait it out. I don't know if you've read the other posts about already married couples who cannot get permission for the spouse to move to SG.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:03 am

Of which my nephew who is currently living with me is a victim of. His wife and baby are stuck in the Philippines and have been since last October (just past one year now.)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 3:24 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:

Is Vaucluse rubbing off on you??

And that would be a bad thing??? :-|

EADG wrote:
Hehe, wouldn't let him that close....

Am I being ganged-up on here? Well, up your collective noses with rubber hoses . . . to paraphrase

Superglide wrote:
Amazing how people jump to conclusions.

And what conclusions are people jumping to, and who are those people jumping?

'nuff said Image