Singapore Expats Forum

Employment Pass and PEP Executive ex Military No degree

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
expatsing

Employment Pass and PEP Executive ex Military No degree

Postby expatsing » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 4:07 am

I am an executive (Vice President) with 20 years in the a very specialized field in the marine industry and will hold a salary of 19,676.SGD per month. All of my pre work experience was gained years ago in the military (US Coast Guard) thus I never attained a 4 year degree. However I have a multitude of certifications.

Will my status as a corporate exec being transferred and my work experience as well as the salary range be enough or are they going to penalize me for the degree issue. Also when reading about the PEP on MOM it does not mention a degree as the regular work pass does.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated

expatsing

Well if this chart from MOM

Postby expatsing » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 4:28 am

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 6:53 am

P1 or PEP Visas are experience generated and not so much degrees as the government feels that if employers are willing to part with 7K & above monthly, that is attestation enough of your qualifications & experience. At the end of the day, companies are bottom line oriented and won't pay that kind of money unless they are sure of getting their money's worth. Apply. As long as you qualify from an income & experience perspective you still stand a good chance of success. Even with the tightening up of the market here.

sms

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Postby econoMIC » Sat, 21 Nov 2009 4:44 pm

I agree with SMS. At this salary level your should get your P1 in no time. Good luck.
a.k.a. littlegreenman