Singapore Expats Forum

is MM-Cat (Mephedrone) illegal in Singapore?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

mrlily
Regular
Regular

is MM-Cat (Mephedrone) illegal in Singapore?

Postby mrlily » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 3:13 pm

interesting article, does anyone know if MM-CAT (Mephedrone) is illegal in Singapore?

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26 ... 98,00.html

it's certainly not illegal in yemen, or the uk.
https://mechanical.co.nz - Development of a Secure Threaded Websocket Server in C.

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Postby econoMIC » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 4:46 pm

Most certainly banned in SG as SG regulates prohibited narcotics based on ingredients unlike the UK where the government first has to specifically outlaw that specific drug. Yemen, well who really cares about Yemen. North Yemen maybe might bother while in the South al-Qaeda will simply chop your head off if you dip your nose or whatever into that stuff.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: is MM-Cat (Mephedrone) illegal in Singapore?

Postby ksl » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 1:27 am

mrlily wrote:interesting article, does anyone know if MM-CAT (Mephedrone) is illegal in Singapore?

Khat used to be legal in Denmark, it arrived with all the refugees from somalia, that chew it...
In Taiwan beetle nut has the same effect, though i guess they are mixing it. Most taxi drivers chew it to stay awake all night in Taiwan. It wouln't surprise me one bit if UK are mass poducing, the military in the past have always been the testing agents. The US too with LSD, so you can bet your life, they are still playing around with these products.
while in the South al-Qaeda will simply chop your head off if you dip your nose or whatever into that stuff.
I have my doubts about that, after hash is a very common drug used to seduce suicide bombers, it's a brainwashing drug, whereby you can take control of your victim psychologically manipulate them to do whatever you would like them to do. It's all about dosage!

Though I would agree if they got caught stealing it, they would hack the hands off! I had to deal with heroin addicts that came through the refugee network from the Middle East, planted by governments, to retrieve information on legitimate refugees.

It's nothing new, but normally the druggies cannot hold the job out, they have to start blackmailing the innocent for a monthly payout, not to inform on the families so they can buy a fix. Most of the informers have been badly tortured in their home countries, so easy get through the system, though most are tribal and not educated.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 2:43 am

ksl wrote:
mrlily wrote:interesting article, does anyone know if MM-CAT (Mephedrone) is illegal in Singapore?

Khat used to be legal in Denmark, it arrived with all the refugees from somalia, that chew it...

Eh??? He is talking about a manufactured pill, an alleged designer drug, similar to ecstacy, or so it is alleged... not the stuff you chew.

hash is a very common drug used to seduce suicide bombers, it's a brainwashing drug,

Double EH??? Hash, aka hashish, is derived from the marijuana plant. It is concentrated THC. Don't ask me how I know but a large hit of hashish may mean you cannot find your own front door... but... brainwashing... bullshit!

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Postby econoMIC » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 5:23 pm

ksl wrote:
while in the South al-Qaeda will simply chop your head off if you dip your nose or whatever into that stuff.
I have my doubts about that, after hash is a very common drug used to seduce suicide bombers, it's a brainwashing drug, whereby you can take control of your victim psychologically manipulate them to do whatever you would like them to do. It's all about dosage!

They don't need drugs to be brain washed. Suicide bombers have conviction in the cause they are blowing themselves up for. They do not need drugs as their religion/believe/cause is drug enough.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

mrlily
Regular
Regular

Postby mrlily » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 7:16 pm

some food for thought...hmmm

yemen, i reckon just about everyone (generalised statement but not far off) over the age of 3 in the capital sana'a is a

regular Qat chewer; policemen, army guys, the taxi drivers, young kids, even the stray cats and dogs are on it. the yemeni's used to grow sizeable crops of coffee, nowadays those crops have been replaced with Qat as it provides a better income. Qat is a big seller in the cities, the smaller towns don't generally chew it unless there is a special occasion.

SE and his troubled youth... no comment, other than your front door is the big green one man!

back to the article; i'm thinking the news industry has just nowingly marketed a new drug.

econoMIC wrote:They do not need drugs as their religion/believe/cause is drug enough.

the environment has a lot to do with wanting to blow urself up 2! i remember the old "doctor who" tv program where he'd end up on some crazy desolate planet in his blue tardis (gotta get me one of those), well that planet was actually yemen. commonly he'd escape just as the planet blew up, or the bad dude exploded.
https://mechanical.co.nz - Development of a Secure Threaded Websocket Server in C.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:59 pm

SE your comments are noted, and i would agree to a certain extent, though I can assure you, you I have seen a group of people under the influence of several pipes of hashish, like you believed it was bullshit, only to be manipulated to piss their pants, just for the fun of it in front of everyone, the next silly prank was to get someone to jump out of the window, i never touch the stuff myself, because i cannot tolerate it and yes the guy had to be stopped from climbing up on the window ledge.

Though I am closely around people that it has effected in my environment, and many can cope, while others become just negative cabbages. All about moderation and a persons own biochemical make up, though once hooked on it, may well effect the balance of one's mind.

I'm pretty sure there is documented evidence out there on the net, that will back up my words, It was also used in experiments in the militaries long ago, along with all the other shit.

If you dig deep enough you will see that most tribal Countries, use herbal drugs for many different reasons, including warfare.
Titration of inhalations enables patients to very
finely adjust the levels to achieve feelings of
well being, relaxation and other contemplative states.
These also correspond to various biochemical effects
so that a complex balance of mental and physical
effects can be achieved with a little practice.
relaxation and contemplative states, is the interesting issue here, and to many from the Middle East, hashish is also related to the word Assassin http://www.iawwai.com/IAQ/Assassins&Hashish.html

Though the debate goes on, we shouldn't really close our minds, to what substances are used for what, in the hands of those that know how to use it to an advantage it will be used, hashish is a very powerful drug in the wrong hands.
It also helps in being closer to god! :wink:
Last edited by ksl on Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:30 pm

Interesting contradiction ksl, on the one had you indicate that is could be used to brainwash someone (by disagreeing with SE's statement), but at the same time you also say "It also helps in being closer to god!". Kind of a contradiction of statements don't you think? If it can be used to brainwash, by definition, not knowing what you are doing in reality, then you couldn't be closer to god, as you wouldn't remember it happening. :P :lol:

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:35 pm

ksl wrote:I'm pretty sure there is documented evidence out there on the net, that will back up my words,

"Reefer Madness" and Harry J. Anslinger, racist and xenophobe.

Or, you might look at 'Licit and Illicit Drugs', Consumers Union, for the real dope on dope.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Interesting contradiction ksl, on the one had you indicate that is could be used to brainwash someone (by disagreeing with SE's statement), but at the same time you also say "It also helps in being closer to god!". Kind of a contradiction of statements don't you think? If it can be used to brainwash, by definition, not knowing what you are doing in reality, then you couldn't be closer to god, as you wouldn't remember it happening. :P :lol:
Brainwashing is maybe the wrong term to use, when i say people can be manipulated to do things they do not want to do.
Well I was quoteing what i read on the link I just posted, it's not at all a contradiction, but rather other peoples opinions of its use, personally I can only vouch for the experiments I have seen done, and i can share my experiences. Who believes them is totally, not my problem, there will always be critics right :wink: Though there is always the mythbusters way to find out, if you have someone to test on!

All I'm contributing is my own experience, from seeing drug dealers prove a point, what else can i say! Khat Quat and all other products for getting high on, have been around longer than we have, passed down from tribal days of old.

Though this is in pill form, doesn't mean to say it isn't partly extracted from the legal plant leaves in other Countries. I just know it was band in Denmark and it was never seen until the somalies brought it in.

SMS: :lol: Kind of a contradiction of statements don't you think? If it can be used to brainwash, by definition, not knowing what you are doing in reality, then you couldn't be closer to god, as you wouldn't remember it happening.
ksl likes this! Though it could be said that suicide bombers are on a heavenly trip, an attempt to get closer to god maybe on the books, there is no doubt in my mind that it does relax some people, to a greater extent than others, all about doseage and weight of the person taking it. Though you surprised me drinking all that booze with a 68kg frame I must say :lol: I'd also like to say, that every single day, my Sgt Major really believed he was god, so much that he put it on his office door!

That's what happens when you are 5ft tall and have power and he was a Welshman reminded me of my old mum she was 4ft 8 and had biceps like Arnold, never argue with them just listen and nod :lol:
Last edited by ksl on Thu, 19 Nov 2009 1:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:04 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
ksl wrote:I'm pretty sure there is documented evidence out there on the net, that will back up my words,

"Reefer Madness" and Harry J. Anslinger, racist and xenophobe.

Or, you might look at 'Licit and Illicit Drugs', Consumers Union, for the real dope on dope.

I have no interest really what others do with their lives, and i have never condemend anyone for doing their own thing, providing it doesn't have any backlash on me personally. Alcohol is also addictive and kills millions a year, and many can also be manipulated to do things they don't want to do, I just keep an open mind on everything.

I have been in the nightclub scene and I have seen most of what comes through the doors, with DJ's and groupies holding parties after closing time, so I have seen quite a lot of action in the speedy life. Nothing wrong with escapism now and again to see life from another angles, if you can handle it.

I would love to see the mythbusters in action with it!
SE : Eh??? He is talking about a manufactured pill, an alleged designer drug, similar to ecstacy, or so it is alleged... not the stuff you chew.
Did you read the whole link? It is derived from the Khat plant or is it me that is spaced out again. :?

Here's your plant!
http://www.erowid.org/plants/khat/khat.shtml

Though my guess is that when Countries ban a substance it's to protect those that are weak and habitual users, The way UK is going alcohol will be band and replaced by this stuff ha! ha! Pubs are closing down at hundreds a month around the Country, becuase booze and drugs are cheaper from the corner shop! :lol:

Actually someone phoned the office up and said they had tried drinking vinegar and got high off it :lol: I said yes, it's called a natural high 8-) Hope it catches on.

My neighbour in Denmark could get high off herbal teas, :???: And now i have just read on the link they make Khat tea, so maybe I need to try that.

That disgusting beetle nut that makes your teeth turn red and drop out over time, also causes cancer of the mouth and maybe banned in Taiwan I have heard. Again over useage, I never got anything out of it other than numb lips and dehydration from spitting in a plastic cup every few seconds, how gross is that!

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 8:04 pm

IIRC, although not specifically listed, it is an offence under the singapore Misuse of Drug Act by drug class.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam