Singapore Expats Forum

Renewal of expired LTVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mm_2004

Renewal of expired LTVP

Postby mm_2004 » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 1:31 am

Hi,

I want to renew my mum's LTVP which had expired on almost 2 years ago. But I am not sure whether it can still be renewed or I need to apply for a new LTVP as the old one was already expired.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 6:50 am

Where is your mum? If she's in Singapore, she's in deep brown stuff for overstaying her visa and she has a much bigger problem than just renewing her LTSVP. If she is still in Singapore she has to worry about jail time for overstaying.

mm_2004

Postby mm_2004 » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:16 am

Sorry I have made you confused. My mum come back to Singapore recently. Her visa is valid for one month. Just that now she have plan to stay long here, I want to apply for her LTVP and don't know whether can renew her old LTVP which had already expired in 2008 or need to apply for a new one.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:31 am

LTSVP's are not renewable. Each time must apply for new one. Hope that answers your question. Please do not wait too late to apply for new one. Otherwise, she may have to leave Singapore before the new one is granted.

sms

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 2:30 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:LTSVP's are not renewable. Each time must apply for new one. Hope that answers your question. Please do not wait too late to apply for new one. Otherwise, she may have to leave Singapore before the new one is granted.

sms

LTSVP is renewable....I got mine in march and they told me to always renew online anytime it expires.....But my wife who's my sponsor has to always do that online.It's a 1yr renewable!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:01 am

Not if it's been expired for two years! It's renewable if you renew it BEFORE it expires. Otherwise it a start over again affair.