Singapore Expats Forum

24 year old Austrailan arrested

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Nosey

24 year old Austrailan arrested

Postby Nosey » Wed, 20 Oct 2004 2:34 pm

Heard a brief snippet on the radio today (not the whole story) does anyone know about a 24 year old Austrailain who was apparently trafficking drugs and arrested at Changi Airport--he was headed to Melbourne and I am unsure of what happened...I think this happened a while back but this is the first I've heard of it.

Re: 24 year old Austrailan arrested

Postby Guest » Wed, 20 Oct 2004 2:52 pm

Nosey wrote:Heard a brief snippet on the radio today (not the whole story) does anyone know about a 24 year old Austrailain who was apparently trafficking drugs and arrested at Changi Airport--he was headed to Melbourne and I am unsure of what happened...I think this happened a while back but this is the first I've heard of it.

aussie- vietnamese triad drug smuggling syndicate from one of australia's notorious viet triad caught with trafficking via signapore back to melbourne . the guy wasn't your usual innocent tourist or expat working in singapore . he was pretty much a part of a professional smuggling network.

OP

Postby OP » Wed, 20 Oct 2004 3:10 pm

Thanks much for the info.

So this guy is sitting in Singapore jail now and how long before he heads to the gallows?

Someone told me that the punishment is usually swift (within a year) unsure as to whether this is accurate though.

briceloh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby briceloh » Wed, 20 Oct 2004 9:14 pm

yeah, it'll be fast. a year or so before he hits the dirt. and u know what? he's now trying appeal for the president's clemency?!?! do they have any idea how tough singapore is towards drugs related activities? :evil:

it's a good thing that both cheryl fox and that rapper (don't know his name, some fat guy) didn't get tested positive for drugs too. else we'll have a lot more news on the front page.