Singapore Expats

How to Appeal regards my employment ban

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
pumkin

How to Appeal regards my employment ban

Post by pumkin » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:12 am

Hi to all, i have been bother with my eligibility to apply for a WP for years and i really hope that there are knowledgeable expert here who can please advise me.
i am a malaysia, 6 years ago i first came to singapore to work and my application for wp is successful, temporary WP was issue but i resign before the WP was issue due to urgent mattes at home and i need to go back. So i application for issurance was cancel before the WP was issue to me. Few months later, i came back to singapore and was mislead by an agent to bring in a forge form 5 certificate to make an WP application. This time my wp application was rejected may due to my very first application with MOM is only form 1 and they could have discovered that i am using a fake cert, therefore my application was rejected. After that i never use the fake form 5 cert anymore cos it did not work.
Within these past 6 years i have been finding many job with big or small companys but none of these company was able to make a sucessful WP application for me. Many appeal have been made to mom by these company but mom just reject the appeal multiple times. I really need to find a living in Singapore, am i going to be ban for life from getting a WP?? Can any expert here please advice me on how can i get my ban lifted?

Your attention and advice shall be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:33 am

I am afraid the government of Singapore has a very, very long memory. And trying to defraud the government (MOM) will be extremely hard to overcome. This is especially so if you don't have extremely high academic qualifications like a Masters Degree or a PhD in an area that the government needs foreigners. For a Work Permit, I've got a bad feeling you are up the creek without a paddle.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pumkin

Post by pumkin » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:15 am

i am very regret of doing such stupid thing also. Really know my mistake is there any agent trustworthy in singapore that can help me with effective appeal? I really hope that MOM will grant me the chance to consider my application again. . . Any steps or procedure i can do to get the ban lifted? I only had use the forge cert once and the permit wasn't grant also. All these years i did not commit any offence also, please guide me a way to allow me to work in singapore again, i really need a job here. I am so helpless now. . .

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Post by xtasy010 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 2:07 pm

Send a letter to MOM stating how you are sorry about what you did 6 years ago and mention why you 'really need a job here', because of family ties etc.

Honestly I do not think it will make a difference but it can't do any harm either.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 2:26 pm

Actually, it does harm, as it continues to build hope in an otherwise hopeless case. Just look as the lengths the government will go to zap those citizens who left without doing their NS, or the same of PR's who didn't do NS and now cannot even get an EP (one of those cases currently on here). Or the situation with Citizens who marry a work permit or former work permit hold without getting permission. My nephew's wife and 1 years old baby are currently stuck in the Philippines because of that - and she wasn't even on a work permit when they got married. But. They did not get permission - that's all. Try deliberately defrauding the government and they will never forget.

Frankly the best thing the OP can do is to forget it. Unless he enjoys self-flagellation.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 2:57 pm

xtasy010 wrote:Send a letter to MOM stating how you are sorry about what you did 6 years ago and mention why you 'really need a job here', because of family ties etc.

Honestly I do not think it will make a difference but it can't do any harm either.
So this time tell lies rather than illegally submit fake certs?

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Post by xtasy010 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 4:20 pm

Saint wrote:
xtasy010 wrote:Send a letter to MOM stating how you are sorry about what you did 6 years ago and mention why you 'really need a job here', because of family ties etc.

Absolutely not, the poster stated that he 'really needs a job here', I was trying to say that he should give his reasons, whatever they may be.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 4:27 pm

xtasy010 wrote:
Saint wrote:

Absolutely not, the poster stated that he 'really needs a job here', I was trying to say that he should give his reasons, whatever they may be.
The OP's original posting didn't mention anything about family ties in Singapore or any other reason why he must have job/live here?

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Post by xtasy010 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 4:35 pm

Thats right he didn't, he only stated 'i really need a job here' which is why I had to speculate.

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Post by econoMIC » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 4:48 pm

Bottom line is you messed up you chances when you submitted a fake document several years ago. My personal opinion is not to get your hopes up any more and try to find a job in Malaysia.

The reason (this sounds harsh but that is how it is): the government can get plenty of people with the same skillset at the same price and those people didn't try to defraud the government yet. So why should they give you a second chance.

Thus my hint is for you to try to find your luck elsewhere. Good luck.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 4:50 pm

If I were to speculate, it would be because he cannot get a decent paying job in his home country and like most, wants to come here to make money to send home to support his family there. #-o :roll:

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 4:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If I were to speculate, it would be because he cannot get a decent paying job in his home country and like most, wants to come here to make money to send home to support his family there. #-o :roll:
:wink:

belskies

Post by belskies » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 9:20 pm

the incident years ago is probably stuck in the system. no point spending more time looking for a job here. try somewhere else perhaps?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:01 pm

belskies wrote:the incident years ago is probably stuck in the system. no point spending more time looking for a job here. try somewhere else perhaps?
No, it's not "stuck" in the system. It's deliberately Flagged. The government will go to any lengths to prove a point, to wit, look at the number of times it has sued some newspaper or politician for some perceived slight. They have a long memory. Hell, they won't even give ground to the communist organizer who escaped to where? Thailand back in the late 60's?

touchbyangel512

Post by touchbyangel512 » Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:37 am

well, you shouldnt have cheated , this is singapore garment after all, they will never forgive or forget, stay back in malaysia, i think your luck will be much better there.

cheers