Singapore Expats

Where to submit apps for Employment Pass/S pass?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
bouln

Where to submit apps for Employment Pass/S pass?

Post by bouln » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 8:35 am

Does one need to apply for an EP or SP in person, in Singapore, or can it be done while abroad? A bit confused after reading up on the MOM site. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 8:56 am

You don't apply for it at all. Your prospective employer in Singapore has to apply for it. You cannot get an employment pass or apply for one. With the exception of the PEP that is. For that one you need to already be earning in excess of 7K/mo basic salary, provable by pay voucher. All other MUST be applied for by the Employer.

The employer, however, can file for the E or S Pass while you are still overseas but it cannot be finalized or issued until you are actually here in Singapore so even after you arrive (with the AIP - Approval in Principle) as it's only an "in principle" notification, that means you can STILL be rejected after you arrive here. It's rare, but if there are any documents that they find wanting after your arrival - forged documents usually - they will send you packing. This can happen even after receiving your employment pass - this is not hearsay, as I had it happen to two of my S Pass staff late last year.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers