dude, have you done any research on singapore? maybe start with the CIA World Fact Book?My Wild Ride wrote:Any english channels?
I thought that was Tokyo (you can synch your clock with the trains!). Sure, there's a language barrier but everything has subtitles.guruvishwanath wrote:5. Everything is airconditioned. The public transport is THE BEST in the world and believe me
lol well said I totally agreed been a local hereguruvishwanath wrote:Let me dispel a few "myths". And good on you to have a positive attitude to make the best of your assignment.
1. The project you are working on overall is costing a lot of BILLION dollars. Professional and its absolutely stunning (I know a lot of people working on different areas of the project).
2. Singapore is RICH country. There are no BAD areas to live in Singapore. You have excellent locations, very good locations and good locations.
3. Relatively crime free. There is crime but relatively low. Safety is absolutely solid and in my 14 years I have never had an issue.
4. If your company is paying you accomodation, then you are fine.
5. Everything is airconditioned. The public transport is THE BEST in the world and believe me, I just dont bother having a car because there is no need.
6. The nightlife here is absolutely superb. Lots of awesome bars, clubs, beach bars, chic lounges and every musical genre is catered.
7. The weather is between 28C and 32-33C. Being located just 1 degree north of equator, the weather is humid, hot and definitely sunny clothes are the order of the day. But there is very low pollution (stringent pollutions controls). YOu will have to get used to it. Some find it hard, some find it easy. Upto you.
8. Withing less than 2 hours of flight time from Singapore, you can visit absolutely stunning places with pristine beaches, rocks, volcanoes, diving, snorkeling or just enjoying so many cultures. Cambodia, Vietnam, Bali, KL, Bangkok, Krabi, Phuket, Phi Phi, Borneo, Kota Kinabalu etc. Beleive me, you will certainly enjoy the low budget travel which can be done on weekends.
9. Check wikipedia for Singapore and its history.
10. Singapore is a multi cultural society. I have made friends from every corner of this world and am enjoying life to the fullest extent. I have been here for 14 years and life certainly is different since the time I came.
Finally, dont listen to people whining. Every place and its pros and cons! Even Singapore has negatives but you have to be positive and life a good life and enjoy whatever comforts life has to offer and believe me, in Singapore everything works and the goverment is freakishly efficient (which sometimes scares the crap out of me).
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests