Singapore Expats Forum

EP - Still pending

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

venky123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

EP - Still pending

Postby venky123 » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 9:19 am

Dear Folks,

I am basically from India. Working in Malaysing as SAP consultant for an MNC as contractor from other job MY consultancy.

Recently for a new project my client asked me to move to singapore. I came to singapore on SVP. they ve manually applied EP as sponsored case on 16th October.

I heard quite a lot about singapore process is so quick and accurate. To my surprise till date I can see my EP status is penindg.

Any clue, what is hapenning.

thanks in advance..

amarettoSour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed, 21 Oct 2009

Postby amarettoSour » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:05 am

is it pending because it's waiting for vetting agency result? (it would say so on the EPOL). if not i would check with MOM and see what's up.. i got my employment pass in a week when i applied 2 weeks ago.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34794
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: EP - Still pending

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:35 am

venky123 wrote:Dear Folks,

I am basically from India.


Does that mean some parts of you are from somewhere else? :o :lol:

venky123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Dear sundaymorningstaple

Postby venky123 » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 5:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple,

I ve provided full details so that It would be easy to answer for ppl like you.

Being a moderator, Joking at the post is not good friend.

We are in tense with unknown EP status.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34794
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 5:57 pm

You need to lighten up a bit. All that being "in tense" will just give you HBP and that's not good. I know!

The following from the MOM website:

The processing time is about five weeks. You can check the assigned FIN and application status online about 14 days after submitting the application.

The application outcome will be mailed to the employer about five weeks from the date of application.


From what you have posted it's only been just over 3 weeks. Give it time.

venky123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Postby venky123 » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:17 am

Can any body tell me the process of back group process of EP. Whts steps MOM takes before issuing EP.

User avatar
econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri, 25 Sep 2009
Location: London/Singapore (back for good 29 Jul 2010)

Postby econoMIC » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 2:53 pm

venky123 wrote:Can any body tell me the process of back group process of EP. Whts steps MOM takes before issuing EP.


First they have to fill out form 952A and submit 2 photocopies front and back and get it signed by the supervisor. Then this will be processed bt YRNI who will issue a Form 55 or 62C based on which pass you are on. Then it goes through the PPS council who will either sign or refer it to MYA. If it is signed on the spot it will go to the vetting agency who will do the vetting and then either sign Form 55 or add appendix 3 to 62C. If it is refered to MYA they will need a Form7 and an IPA or they will reject your application. To get an IPA they need to contact BWZ. I am not familiar with the flowchart for BWZ though and it has been a long while since I memorised the EP processing workflow charts.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34794
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 3:36 pm

Wouldn't be a bit.........

Image ......now would it? :cool:

I just couldn't be arsed to continue...... :roll:

WovingPink
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 11 Nov 2009

Re: EP - Still pending

Postby WovingPink » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:20 pm

venky123 wrote:Dear Folks,

I am basically from India. Working in Malaysing as SAP consultant for an MNC as contractor from other job MY consultancy.

Recently for a new project my client asked me to move to singapore. I came to singapore on SVP. they ve manually applied EP as sponsored case on 16th October.

I heard quite a lot about singapore process is so quick and accurate. To my surprise till date I can see my EP status is penindg.

Any clue, what is hapenning.

thanks in advance..



sad story my friend. i think because you are not Singaporean what do you think?

User avatar
econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri, 25 Sep 2009
Location: London/Singapore (back for good 29 Jul 2010)

Re: EP - Still pending

Postby econoMIC » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 7:38 pm

WovingPink wrote:
venky123 wrote:Dear Folks,

I am basically from India. Working in Malaysing as SAP consultant for an MNC as contractor from other job MY consultancy.

Recently for a new project my client asked me to move to singapore. I came to singapore on SVP. they ve manually applied EP as sponsored case on 16th October.

I heard quite a lot about singapore process is so quick and accurate. To my surprise till date I can see my EP status is penindg.

Any clue, what is hapenning.

thanks in advance..



sad story my friend. i think because you are not Singaporean what do you think?


A Singaporean wouldn't need an EP what?

@SMS: I take pleasure in memorising MoM EP issue workflow charts and I am happy someone asked so I can finally share my knowledge.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34794
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 7:05 am

WovingPink is our newest spammer from the Philippines. Along with jauchcet who is also posting from the same IP address in the 'peens. both new & both with 5 posts.

No links yet, but this board doesn't use automated systems for the spammers to post around. Already wise to 'em. :wink:

tic....toc....tic....toc......

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 9:41 pm

econoMIC wrote:First they have to fill out form 952A and submit 2 photocopies front and back and get it signed by the supervisor. Then this will be processed bt YRNI who will issue a Form 55 or 62C based on which pass you are on. Then it goes through the PPS council who will either sign or refer it to MYA. If it is signed on the spot it will go to the vetting agency who will do the vetting and then either sign Form 55 or add appendix 3 to 62C. If it is refered to MYA they will need a Form7 and an IPA or they will reject your application. To get an IPA they need to contact BWZ. I am not familiar with the flowchart for BWZ though and it has been a long while since I memorised the EP processing workflow charts.

Good summary, but that's assuming -- of course -- that they're EPP1 type 7K or above and allowed under the Wah Lao Chao Ang Moh policy. If not, before you can even get to the PPS council, the MIW will have to get the CYA A-OK from PAP, maybe even from LKY. Otherwise the HDBs will be all be yelling "KNN CCB!", and we know what MOM thinks about PRCs and NRIs these days...
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

User avatar
econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri, 25 Sep 2009
Location: London/Singapore (back for good 29 Jul 2010)

Postby econoMIC » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 4:43 pm

jpatokal wrote:
econoMIC wrote:First they have to fill out form 952A and submit 2 photocopies front and back and get it signed by the supervisor. Then this will be processed bt YRNI who will issue a Form 55 or 62C based on which pass you are on. Then it goes through the PPS council who will either sign or refer it to MYA. If it is signed on the spot it will go to the vetting agency who will do the vetting and then either sign Form 55 or add appendix 3 to 62C. If it is refered to MYA they will need a Form7 and an IPA or they will reject your application. To get an IPA they need to contact BWZ. I am not familiar with the flowchart for BWZ though and it has been a long while since I memorised the EP processing workflow charts.

Good summary, but that's assuming -- of course -- that they're EPP1 type 7K or above and allowed under the Wah Lao Chao Ang Moh policy. If not, before you can even get to the PPS council, the MIW will have to get the CYA A-OK from PAP, maybe even from LKY. Otherwise the HDBs will be all be yelling "KNN CCB!", and we know what MOM thinks about PRCs and NRIs these days...


Very good point! Thanks for bringing that up.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

SmartDude
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu, 11 Dec 2008

Re: EP - Still pending

Postby SmartDude » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 9:31 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
venky123 wrote:Dear Folks,

I am basically from India.


Does that mean some parts of you are from somewhere else? :o :lol:


That's a very nice joke SMS, it made me laugh a lot. Good sense of humor...

venky123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 10 Nov 2009

Postby venky123 » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:12 am

I dont see any useful responses.Instead ppl are just speking abt unrelated subject and jokes..

Any how thanks...Bye..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests