Singapore Expats

Qatar OpenDay 22nd Nov ,Holiday Inn Atrium

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yc_lawrence

Post by yc_lawrence » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 2:11 am

could anyone tell me a bit about QR career path?
how's the salary & benefit given as a senior / devision leader/ chief/ or trainer?
thank you.

dolcevita

Post by dolcevita » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 9:03 am

i'm really interesting in going, but the fact that we cant get flights to sg is a big damper. anyone can uber confirm this? or has it changed somewhat?

edited _ checked the above out in previous thread already. is a bidding system.

is complexion v important? i have pitted scars. i don't dare to go for SQ interview. will i be wasting my time if i go for the QR one?

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 2:48 pm

yc_lawrence wrote:pinksapphire, I am a 24 yrs guy from Hong Kong , working for CX for about 1.5 years, actually i will take AL and fly to SG for this OD. waht's your former airline ? haha

QR is rel ihas a longer layover? oh, i like layover even though no allowance, cos can RELI travel around the world. you know what, i 'm tired to those routine destination......bored to hell.

Also, how's the career path for QR, i heard that their is a position called ' on-board F & B manager' is it available for crew? I am likely to take to sommilier exam, do they know this stuff?

thank you for relpy,haha
Hi lawrence!
Thank u for your reply. I used to fly for Silkair for 3 years. I have my plans of flying further, cause, same as u, im tired of flying the same usual turn around routes...its really tiring.. and the turn around period for Slikair is only 40-45mins...didnt even have the chance to step out of the aircraft to lay my feet on the ground of the country..hahah!..that was why i have decided to quit, and was really keen on joining a bigger international airline.. About Qatar, i think i dun see any negatives about the airline..only thing is that its not as FUN & happening like Emirates... QR is a very strict airline, with curfews etc..but its good also, cause Doha, unlike Dubai is still very "ulu" and not as modern, and i believe the crime rate is still very high..that is why they implement curfews and all.. but sometimes, crew happened to bend the rules, and they got terminated cause of that..its really scarry on how strict the company is... but its really worth the try especially if your main motive is to travel, experience the world and earn $$$ at the same time... pay wise, its not as Fantastic though..but slowly as years to come, given your good performance and your background as a cabin crew before, i think you stand a chance to get promoted really quick (which means, higher pay and lesser work cause i think the more senior crew will work in Business or First class, serving less pax)... its all good..when u think back..its really worth trying.. = )
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

mikaela alexa

hi

Post by mikaela alexa » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 6:12 pm

hi to everyone..tis be my scnd tempt to Qatar airways..
anione going?can meet n go together....
Qatar airways opening tis sat 29aug @ Hilton,singapore

yc_lawrence

Re: hi

Post by yc_lawrence » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 8:07 pm

mikaela alexa wrote:hi to everyone..tis be my scnd tempt to Qatar airways..
hi~mikaela alexa . In my opinion, I would suggest we guys go on our own is much better, cos if we go togehter , it will gives an impression to the interviewer that we are kind of doing some high svhool gathering or meeting, since we dun know who else is watching us behind, right?

However, I would reli love to meet you guys after the interview, could we have some tea and discusss about the interview process? please PM me , if anyone will go, look forward to see you guys

ASBG

Post by ASBG » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:17 pm

hi im new here..i applied online for this open day
and i got their letter of information via email too

but any idea what to wear on open day and what are we doing on open day too?

yc_lawrence

Post by yc_lawrence » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:16 pm

ASBG wrote:hi im new here..i applied online for this open day
and i got their letter of information via email too

but any idea what to wear on open day and what are we doing on open day too?
hi, i think business attire is a must.

ASBG

Post by ASBG » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:43 pm

hi Lawrence
are u still coming to sg for e open day?

yc_lawrence

Post by yc_lawrence » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:50 pm

ASBG wrote:hi Lawrence
hi, ASBG. yeah, I'm coming to SG, it's my first time here too, hope to travel around SG too, haha

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 8:08 am

yc_lawrence wrote:
hi~mikaela alexa . In my opinion, I would suggest we guys go on our own is much better, cos if we go togehter , it will gives an impression to the interviewer that we are kind of doing some high svhool gathering or meeting, since we dun know who else is watching us behind, right?

However, I would reli love to meet you guys after the interview, could we have some tea and discusss about the interview process? please PM me , if anyone will go, look forward to see you guys
The first day won't have any interview session. They will just collect all your resume and photos. Those selected only they will receive call from them for interview on the next day if I'm not mistaken.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

ASBG

Post by ASBG » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 1:59 pm

yc_lawrence wrote:
ASBG wrote:hi Lawrence
hi, ASBG. yeah, I'm coming to SG, it's my first time here too, hope to travel around SG too, haha
hi, ASBG. yeah, I'm coming to SG, it's my first time here too, hope to travel around SG too, haha[/quote]

i see..its my first time trying this interview
but im still wondering if i should go as i am still currently working
somemore the interview will be on Monday if im shortlisted

btw, when are u coming to sg?

yc_lawrence

Post by yc_lawrence » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 7:26 pm

cythx wrote:
yc_lawrence wrote:

The first day won't have any interview session. They will just collect all your resume and photos. Those selected only they will receive call from them for interview on the next day if I'm not mistaken.

hi,Cythx. Thanks for your remind.

by the way, i received their e-mail,

23rd will be preliminary selection
24-25 Final

yc_lawrence

Post by yc_lawrence » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 7:31 pm

ASBG wrote: btw, when are u coming to sg?
ASBG, I will be here 0n 19 th onwards

doing my tourist spot resarch now......haha

BTW, any place there like Lan Kwai Fong in HK?

Thank you~

ASBG

Post by ASBG » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 9:27 pm

yc_lawrence wrote:
ASBG wrote: btw, when are u coming to sg?
ASBG, I will be here 0n 19 th onwards

doing my tourist spot resarch now......haha

BTW, any place there like Lan Kwai Fong in HK?

Thank you~
wow that will be tmrw then
i hv neva been to lan kwai fong..but i guess u mean night life spot
yeah it has..try clarke quay
wanna pm u in case u need more help or info but haha im newbie here
i cant do that..

veve000

Post by veve000 » Wed, 18 Nov 2009 9:51 pm

Hi, may i ask what kind of document have to submit???except resume and cv, do i need to submit the certificate and cover letter??
Always try something new....