Singapore Expats

Qatar OpenDay 22nd Nov ,Holiday Inn Atrium

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yc_lawrence

Qatar OpenDay 22nd Nov ,Holiday Inn Atrium

Post by yc_lawrence » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 4:35 am

Hi, folks. Nice to meet you guys.

Does any one know that they accept Male applicant on this time, I'm not so sure about it since some of the ads mention about Female only.And does it open for singapore citizen/resident? Meanwhile , anyone who has experienced the interview , could share about the background of those interviewer, such as nationality , HR / other recruitment firm?

BTW, I'm a current crew .

yc_lawrence

Post by yc_lawrence » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 1:27 am

The Open Day on 22NOV, how about the 2nd and final interview?

I checked former post , it's usually follow the next 2 days of open day, you guys know that is the same this time?

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Wed, 11 Nov 2009 3:09 pm

yc_lawrence wrote:The Open Day on 22NOV, how about the 2nd and final interview?

I checked former post , it's usually follow the next 2 days of open day, you guys know that is the same this time?

Hi...i think it should be the same this time round...
I am seriously having second thoughts of going to the interview..Im an Ex Silkair crew..been flying for about 3yrs..and then quit and now has been working in office for the past 1 yr.. truely miss flying!!! Alot of my friends who are now in Doha mentioned that the city is sooo borrring...and as cabin crews, there'll be lots n lots of rules & regulations such as we have to be home by 3.30am..and guests have to be out by 10pm..and they have all the cameras in all accommodation blaa blaaa..and if ure a lady, men will just honk u and ask u in to have a ride with u etc... pay wise.. its lower than Emirates or Etihad... and they DO NOT have layover allowances..only meal allowance!..
Part of me say.."go"...but other half say..think about it..im soo confused...
-a new journey..a better phase of life-

yc_lawrence

Post by yc_lawrence » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 7:33 am

pinksapphire wrote:

I am seriously having second thoughts of going to the interview..Im an Ex Silkair crew..been flying for about 3yrs..and then quit and now has been working in office for the past 1 yr.. truely miss flying!!! Alot of my friends who are now in Doha mentioned that the city is sooo borrring...and as cabin crews, there'll be lots n lots of rules & regulations such as we have to be home by 3.30am..and guests have to be out by 10pm..and they have all the cameras in all accommodation blaa blaaa..and if ure a lady, men will just honk u and ask u in to have a ride with u etc... pay wise.. its lower than Emirates or Etihad... and they DO NOT have layover allowances..only meal allowance!..

No predium for every poer, only meal allowance ..................OMG.
but, how's the meal allowance, is it enough to cover .
do they counting flight hours as well, or just the basic salary will do?

Anyway, personally i dun mind those rules, since my company is almost the same as QR. I think QR flying destination is great, reli could get any place you wanted to go, while i experience to relocate in other country is treasure.

pinksapphire, Just do it, I think once you a crew , you reli not easy to get rid of this job and shift to other job, you know , the lifestyle that we used to.........

oh, BTW, are you singapore PR?

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 9:11 am

yc_lawrence wrote:
pinksapphire wrote:

Anyway, personally i dun mind those rules, since my company is almost the same as QR. I think QR flying destination is great, reli could get any place you wanted to go, while i experience to relocate in other country is treasure.

pinksapphire, Just do it, I think once you a crew , you reli not easy to get rid of this job and shift to other job, you know , the lifestyle that we used to.........

hi!!....thank you for your reply..
pay wise, they do have basic, plus meal allowance plus laundry etc...but no layover allowance, just that..and i heard QR has longer layover compared to EK or Etihad...
What u mentioned is true..once a crew, always have the itch to fly again...maybe i should just try, if get, then later i will decide.. = )
BTW, i am a Singaporean..23 yrs of age to be exact..heheh.. urself?... which airline you used to fly for?...

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 2:12 pm

pinksapphire wrote:
yc_lawrence wrote:
pinksapphire wrote:

hi!!....thank you for your reply..
pay wise, they do have basic, plus meal allowance plus laundry etc...but no layover allowance, just that..and i heard QR has longer layover compared to EK or Etihad...
What u mentioned is true..once a crew, always have the itch to fly again...maybe i should just try, if get, then later i will decide.. = )
BTW, i am a Singaporean..23 yrs of age to be exact..heheh.. urself?... which airline you used to fly for?...
and ohhh!!! forgot to let u know one VERYY important thing...my friend, who is now with QR mentioned that as new crews, they are not being trained aircraft type Boeing 777 yet..and the thing is, Flights to Singapore are all using that type of aircraft (Boeing 777)!!!! Meaning that we are unable to fly back to singapore as crews, since we are not being trained in that aircarft type. The only solution is that they have to purchase tickets back home during their leave days etc... so saddd!!!!! *sighhhh* & now I am really thinking....

passion85

Post by passion85 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 9:21 am

Hi,

Can I know where you got the informations for Qatar open hs because i cannot find them in the website? Btw the location used to be Hilton Hotel, so it really true that now is at Holiday Inn? 9am?

Thank-you.

pinksapphire

Post by pinksapphire » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 9:39 am

passion85 wrote:Hi,

Can I know where you got the informations for Qatar open hs because i cannot find them in the website? Btw the location used to be Hilton Hotel, so it really true that now is at Holiday Inn? 9am?

Thank-you.
Hi there..

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/c ... dates.html

its here...thanks..

passion85

Post by passion85 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks so much for helping... btw anyone going and dont mind going together, pm me ok...

yc_lawrence

Post by yc_lawrence » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:16 pm

pinksapphire, I am a 24 yrs guy from Hong Kong , working for CX for about 1.5 years, actually i will take AL and fly to SG for this OD. waht's your former airline ? haha

QR is rel ihas a longer layover? oh, i like layover even though no allowance, cos can RELI travel around the world. you know what, i 'm tired to those routine destination......bored to hell.

Also, how's the career path for QR, i heard that their is a position called ' on-board F & B manager' is it available for crew? I am likely to take to sommilier exam, do they know this stuff?

thank you for relpy,haha

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 4:51 pm

do we have to write in first before going to open days? cos it's stated in the website "apply here" then it direct u to a online application..

makansutra

Post by makansutra » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 9:08 pm

You are not required to apply online. An Open Day simply means it's an Open Day!

Sadly, there are no onboard F&B Managers in QR yet. I've a friend in EY and yes, he does get nice destinations (cos they do only layovers and zero turnarounds). But the salary is lesser than what a Purser would get.

Anyhow, pros and cons. He does normal jobs as a crew as well- Given a door on min. crew operations.

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:53 pm

really? cos i keep seeing the apply online icon. sorry i thought open day could mean the actual day of interview as well.

so, what should be prepare to bring, anyone knows?

passion85

Post by passion85 » Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:41 am

Need to bring your full length picture and a passport size picture. And your resume.. Just have to submit them and they will review it..

duriancake, are you going? can pm me.. so that we can go together?

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Sun, 15 Nov 2009 7:39 pm

i feel like, but very last minute. :/ no photo, no everything.. and my work quite tedious, so i dont know if i can get them done in time. i'm trying to max my time.. like lunch time and all.. i still need to get proper clothes (cos i'm wearing uniform for work, so not much decent clothes.)

where u stay?